January 18-22, 2010

Toups

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agh, yes, ATWT ends production in June though, right?

They will all be canceled soon enough, and I don't think any other network would want to invest in a dying genre and a show that was canceled and just isn't as profitable as it used to be.

I tend to believe the ABC soaps will last a bit longer, since they own them and make more profit that way off them.

• Members

And I sincerely hope no other soap hires Goutman, Passanante, and Laiman. Let them all rot in hell on the unemployment line (yeah, I'm sure they're all filthy rich, whatever) for the crap they've inflicted on this show on its final years.

The good thing about there being less soaps and the genre dying is knowing that these hacks will have less shows to be recycled on and eventually ruin.

• Members

OLTL might be next then AMC or the other way around. Direct tv picked up Passions so it might do the same with ATWT and it will prolly stay on there longer than Passions did. It can make money as long as the show cuts cost and come in under budget like OLTL does.

Little miss snowflake was a few weeks ago not last week. Just letting you know.

• Members

I'll be shocked if AMC is still on the air in 2013. Eh doesnt really matter how long AMC is on....like you said Alvin...they are all goners soon enough....AMC is the shits anyways...and dont see it getting any better. At least ATWT will leave with some dignity in the ratings. I cant imagine what the ratings will be when AMC is cancelled. The more soaps are cancelled the less people continue to watch.

• Members

Why must the same gloom and doom dire predictions that the soaps are dying be included in every post? Whether its a reality or not why beat a dead horse? I find it so disheartening that we can't celebrate the fact that we still have the soaps and in some instances there has been some success (DAYS' resurgence) These shows can be produced under budget, make a profit and still entertain so why not just let that happen??

• Members

What soaps do we have? They are dropping like flies. We will be down to 6 and more than likely 5 by the beginning of next year.

As for the ratings.....bad week for ATWT...lol....well they dropped in the demos and slighty in the viewers but glad they maintained in HH's and arent dead last. As much as I am liking OLTL I dont see it as a good week for them. They are still dead last in HH's.

Back to ATWT...nice to see 2 2.0's for the beginning and at the end of the week. The Carly/Jack/Janet storyline was great on Thursday and Friday...glad Friday's show did well. Thurs CarJack was great but rest of show not that good. Hoping the show goes up in HHs next week. I havent seen much of this week but it did look good in spoilers.

I still dont get the AMC increase....oh well....and boy is GH is struggling in the ratings.

• Members

You know what's interestng. While there is no question Days has improved and even AMC's total viewers compared to 1 year ago is better, both shows along with all the rest of the soaps are still down in the 18-49 demo group from a year ago. It makes me wonder. For Days, all those viewers coming back must be older viewers.

Does anyone know what the number was Days had to hit to get that renewal to March 2011?

Archived