Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

By some accounts, Joan Van Ark is a very nit-picky sort of person. She can push and poke and prod and examine minutely every nook and cranny of a thing to an almost maddening degree. You can see as much whenever she talks about how she approached this-or-that moment as Val on KNOTS; and certainly, I think it's that same quality, that...scrupulous attention to detail, that prevented her from staying with Y&R. (I think "Method acting" has its merits, of course, but I don't think it lends itself well to the frenetic pace of daytime soap operas.) So, it doesn't surprise me that she has had work done or that she has done so much of it. I mean, she could right now sit down and examine her face carefully, and it wouldn't be a minute before she could find a ton of flaws there that still need correcting. I love her as an actress, but I'm afraid she can't get out of her own head. Ever.

• Members

This is something I've wondered for a while. Does it seem like most of the UK actors/actresses choose not to do plastic surgery? For example, Helen Mirren, Judy Dench and Kate Winslet doesn't look like they've had anything done. Also, Julie Andrews and Angela Lansbury doesn't look like they've had work done either. Those are more of the UK actresses who are more widely known compared to others.

Probably a lesser known actress outside of the UK, Jenny Agutter from the BBC show Call the Midwife (airs on PBS in the states), according to IMDB was born in 1952, I saw her in an interview, not in her nun costume, and she just looks fabulous.

Does it have anything to do with their training as actors versus becoming a Hollywood star?

• Members

Angela Lansbury definitely has had work done.She has admitted to it.It was during her Murder She Wrote days. I would think that Julie Andrews has also.

The difference is that these women have not tried to look younger, only fresher.

If JVA had taken a different approach she would look a heck of a lot better.

• Members
and what do they all have in common? They're all on the west coast. The urge to have plast surgery seems to be alit more prevalent with the shows that film in Cali. It wasn't nearly as rampant or severe with those on the cancelled east coast shows. Sure stars still had work but it wasn't as noticeable and for everyone that did, there were like 5 west coast actors that did. They tended to be more conservative as opposed to the ones that border on looking like caricatures on the west coast

• Members

Julie Andrews and Angela Lansbury have both had plastic surgery. Lansbury has admitted it, multiple times, but she went for the 'fresher' approach, not the 'younger' approach. Kate Winslet...she looks different from her Titanic days, maybe that's natural, maybe that's not. Helen Mirren, I have a hard time believing that face is 100% natural.

Archived