Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Just over aggressive air brushing in Bill's case, he doesn't look like that on his reality show with Giuliana. Bill's aged a bit and his face has changed as a result, but aside from his teeth, which have surely been whitened, his mug is natural. I've met him in person, what a super nice guy.

Linder Evans (copyright Joan Collins) endorsed it, of course it was scary as hell! And totally ineffective by the way.

• Members

Ironically, Linder looked her worst when she did that infomercial. She had gained weight and it showed in her face. She looked a little manly. She looks much better now even though she admits that she regrets some of the things she's had done to her face. The interviewer she shared this with asked her to specify and she said one only had to look at her face to see for themselves. :( Pretty sure she was alluding to her lips. She didn't have a facelift until after Dynasty when she started dating the younger Yanni.

She's been the butt of plastic surgery jokes for over two decades now, but Cher has been on The Voice this season and her face looks awesome. If she wore a black curly wig, she would practically be Moonstruck gorgeous. I've thought Cher was sexy ever since I saw her half-naked and tan wearing an Indian headdress singing "Halfbreed". But when she contoured her nose and got her snaggles fixed, she became next level beautiful. That astute Lucci-type work.

• Members

Holy [!@#$%^&*]. Why are we getting the extended closeup of that woman's eye? It's like they were going to take us through her eye, CSI-style, to reveal how she was garroted by a Pamela Bellwood character.

"Oh, this is just like doing sit-ups for your face!" is one of the most ludicrous pitches I've ever heard. They might as well have just said, "Everyone knows what a killer ass Michael Myers has. Look at his ass, and apply it to your face!"

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Lorenzo Lamas...here's my take...

A few years ago a really kind, terrific surgeon to the stars, Dr Frank Ryan, died in a car crash on the Pacific Coast Highway. Lorenzo was a patient of Frank's (this is public knowledge, widely published in obituaries and elsewhere, not a breach of patient/doctor confidentiality) and my feeling is that Lorenzo has received work from someone who doesn't do a lot of work on men, which was something Frank did a lot of. Male patients *are* different and the goals *should* be different, Botox should be used to soften lines, not eradicate them as they are in Lorenzo's case. He is the tough patient who loves to be in the sun, rides motorcycles, probably isn't that diligent about sunscreen, but also wants to have a nice complexion. Basically, he wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Lorenzo is a handsome guy, and I don't think he's actually done anything surgical (maybe eyelids? and even then, they look fine) or which isn't reversible or would wear off with time...but his styling is terrible. When he slicks his hair back it just highlights the harsh Botox in his forehead, when he wears his hair down and more messy he looks very different (and better). And his clothes, really they're the worst part, he either looks like a 90s sitcom actor at a Lethal Weapon premiere in head to toe black, or he's in early 2000s Christian Audigier tank tops and jeans that are age inappropriate. Either way, they're bad. He's 55, and for a 55 year old man is in great shape and really has all the basics to look great, but he's clinging to a look that makes him feel young, when the simple fact of the matter is if he wore tailored, classic clothes he would hack 10 years off the way he looks and thus look more relevant.

• Members

I don't know what your opinion is on this... but I also feel that the amount of product he uses in his hair ages him. I think blow dried hair makes any person look younger, softer looking hair, makes your wrinkles and lines seem softer as well. He would also look much better if he'd quit waxing, I am counting the days until that crap goes out of style. His father had virtually nothing done, and was still a handsome, distinguished looking man well into his later years.

• Members

I don't think it's necessarily the amount of product he uses in his hair at times, but the type of product: shiny gel or cream that looks like grease. It's ageing because it looks so heavy, shiny and dated, very circa 1999...he would benefit from using matte hair products like clay or matte paste or matte gel. And really, slicking it back is such a mistake.

When it comes to waxing, to each their own, a little manscaping never hurt anybody!

And I stand corrected on Lorenzo's surgical work, he had his jawline tightened with a bit of fat grafting to his face in 2011 and even allowed it to be filmed. Say what you will about the guy but I think he's a great sport.

• Members

Daytime fan, you are spot on.

So many people, men and women, cling to a look that may (or may not) have worked for them in their 20's and end up looking far worse than they need to.

How many blondes are there out there over 40 with the mane of dyed hair,heavy makeup, mini skirts.high heels etc that just look trashy. Same for the sleazy dudes.

I always thought Dina Merrill looked so classy over the years.

• Members

Frank Ryan was killed in a car wreck!? Wow, I did not hear about that.

Plastic surgery for men is a slippery slope, particularly when it comes to the more drastic procedures. Men moreso than women benefit from more frequent smaller procedures to keep them fresh. Male skin is thicker and the male esthetic is less forgiving at the hands of scalpels and injectables. A woman may be playfully (or yes, viciously) teased for her overly "done" look, but a man will be utterly shamed for having the gall to take such a "vain" interest in the improvement of his appearance .

Archived