Plastic Surgery of the Soap Stars

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Bells Palsy is a terrible condition. Carney Wilson is currently struggling with it. The only positive thing about it is that it does usually go away.

In the latest episode of GH we finally saw Jackie Zeman. She looks so much better.

Nothing heals bad work like time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Anyone see "Behind The Candelabra"? Rob Lowe's portrayal of Dr. Jack Startz is hilarious. Did he really look that pulled in real life? Poor Rob, having to put on those Beauty lifts to give him that look. I can't believe that Liberace wanted Scott Thorson to have plastic surgery. And I can't believe Scott AGREED to it! I'd have said "This is what you get, live with it". I never thought of Matt Damon as sexy until I saw him in that long blonde hair. He looks SO much more attractive. And apparently it's a wig... which surprises me, because it's a VERY VERY good one. usually when they use wigs to do 70's hair on men, it almost ALWAYS looks horribly fake. Matt's wig is perfect.

• Members

The movie comes out in the cinema where I am and I am thinking of going to see it. I think it is worth paying the price of a cinema ticket to show the Hollywood studios that turned down this film that there is an audience willing to pay to see this.

From what I understand (and you should google Dr. Startz's picture), Startz was nowhere near as pulled as Rob Lowe looked. Dr. Startz looked like a regular, wealthy, groomed man from the 1970s. From what I read, he was well-regarded as a plastic surgeon until the debacle with Elaine Young, Gig Young's wife and LA realty queen. He injected compound amounts of silicone in her face at a time when it was very unsafe, and her face essentially melted like Mama Elsa's on Real Housewives of Miami. He was sued and his reputation was rightly trashed, but it did propel him to commit suicide in the early 80s.

Rob Lowe knew he was picked because of his youthful features, and asked Steven Soderbergh if he could go to town with this character -- he said he had a very precise image in mind of what this character would look like, move and sound. And Soderbergh said yes. So this is more a character created from their imaginations than a replica of what Startz actually looked like.

Archived