HBO: Game of Thrones

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Very disappointing season finale, but eppy 9 was EVERYTHING! I still can't believe it.

I knew Rob might not survive the season, but Cat? Wow! You can't get attached to any character, but I don't see Tyrion ever being killed off.

Tywin Lannister is amongst some of televisions greatest bad asses! That man excites me!!!!! And anytime the Lannisters have a sit down at any table (Tywin, Tyrion and Cersi), I know the scene is going to be spectacular! They have not disappointed me yet, and I'd love a compilation of those scenes.

I am emotionally drained now...

ETA: The is the second time we have ended with Dany for no real reason. There was so many ways to end this season, and that was not one of them. She is no closer to that damn throne than she was before, so I'm scratching my damn head here!

Landon, I owe you big time! Thanks so much for providing S3 for me because I was going nuts!

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

I'm going to hope for S4 that they have gotten all of the separation out of their system, so that they have less to focus on and won't waste so much time. The family members were all over the place, and they tried to tell the stories of each. That ate up way too much time.

If Charles Dance (Tywin) is not nominated for an Emmy, and wins, I am not sure if I will recover. No matter what Tywin did, the character is fantastic, and the actor is a God! At first I thought Bill Nighy would be a better choice, but I was mistaken. Tywin is needed, and he spends very little time reminding people who he is. He can show you better than he can tell you. I love this man. I don't like the Starks being picked off the way they have been, but it's Tywin, so I accept it!

• Members

I think she is closer, even though I didn't care for that last scene one bit. Her dragons are older, she has proven that she can get people to follow her and her army is growing. I guess you could also say she's winning over people like Sir Barriston, who are loyal either way, but are going to be inspired by the possibility that she's going to be a just leader and not just another crazy.

• Members

I'm not even going to get on my soap box about that last scene. Nope! Not gonna do it!

What I'm dreading is that Dany will be used as THE answer to Tywin. Did he ignore Joffrey's warning about Dany and the dragons because Tywin has already given that thought or are they using his eagerness to not listen to Joff as an "a ha" moment? That would really piss me off because Tywin is not a fool and he takes all threats seriously. The man is a forward thinker and a true ruler, so he better not be dumbed down for any reason.

I'm still mourning the loss of my Catelyn and the hot Robb :( I didn't notice this guy until he became King of the North. I was super happy the bitch wife bought it though :)

• Members

Sansa - Like you and probably others, I thought the little brat was getting what she deserved in S2, but that changed in 1/2 an eppy because I realized that she was just a girl dreaming of marrying a king, but the reality of it all is harsh. No one deserves a Joffrey!

Joffrey - this guy is a monster, but God help me, I love him. Jack Gleeson is terrific and is true gold! He cracks me up, but of course, you see just how small he is when Tyrion checks him. He's slapped him twice. Joffrey is evil and wants everyone to fear him. They do. When he went off and basically called Tywin a coward, the room became very cold. EVERYONE knew what a mistake Joffrey had made. Joff realized it as well, but he had to maintain a brave front. I loved the scene a few eppies prior when Joff was upset because Tywin left him out of the council meeting. He held it elsewhere because he knew it would be an inconvenience to Joff. Joff complained about having to treck up a bunch of stairs, and Tywin countered "you can be carried up the stairs". I absolutely lost it. I love me some Tywin Lannister!

Cersei - Lena Headey is such a brilliant actress, and I love her portrayal of this character. She does not skip a beat. Cersei trying to stand up to Tywin by saying she was not going to marry the Tyrell guy was great because you could see that she really wasn't standing up to Tywin - just in denial. She went in there and sold out Tyrion only to be forced into a marriage herself. She has no control over Joffrey, is grateful for Tyrion's presence so that she won't have to be Tywin's biggest disappointment and deep down is a little child trying to stay on daddy's good side.

Jamie - meh. Jamie with one less hand? 1/2 meh!

• Members

Yeah, Peter Dinklage got an Emmy nomination! Well deserved, although he should have been in the lead actor category. I cannot believe that Emelia Clarke got nominated for an Emmy, dreadful actress.

I cannot see Charles Dance getting nominated as his role is far to small in that huge ensemble cast.