HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

Would he even make it through the night? The whole group as being destroyed. (I honesty can't remember if he's in the books later, so that' not a spoiler.)

You;'re right about the songs and Blackfish, of course. In terms of Blackfish--it just seemed odd to add him there, but your explanation makessense. I guess it took him a long time to find an approprite pee-tree....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I see you point. Although I think after Ned was killed, I would think that anyone would be could be killed, but I agree that the audience had been lulled in complacency since no one major has died in a while.

Most definitely. Edmure is the Lord of Riverun which is why Frey took him as the second choice. Frey would need to be sure that Roslin had conceived and gave birth to a healthy child (multiple children would be even better) before he killed Edmure and even then, it would be unlikely that he would kill his son-in-law who has no power to harm him although after what he did to Robb and Cat, I suppose anything is possible.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Jon and Dany (and Arya) are the clear leads, but Jon and Dany each star in their own little TV shows that could literally be edited out and set up as spin offs. If Dany makes it to the mainland and interacts with anyone named Lannister or Stark by season 6 I will be shocked. At the pace her story is proceeding, she should hit land sometime around season 12.

• Members

They are that. I also think they're decent TV actors--meaning I'm not sure I could see thm in many roles, but for these roles, for myself, they work. (Dany's actress got some good noticies this spring in Breakfast at Tiffany's on Broadway, though she got some negative ones aswell and the show itself was almost universally disliked.)

And Ann, that's obvioously a very good point about Edmure, and one I didn't even think of.

• Members

I'm not sure Dany really is. I guess she's trying to free slaves, but Ser Jorah is right. If and when she gets to Westeros, the small folk will bleed just like any other war. She isn't going to be able to stop that.

At this point, we've seen the white walkers, so we know that Osha and the Red Priestess are right. The true battle is beyond the wall. I guess we are supposed to see The Lord of Light as the good force here, which is kind of hard for me to do. I suppose he's some sort of old testament god who is good even though he's demanding blood sacrifice. blink.png

One thing that kills me about this show is we have relatively good people on opposing sides of this fight (Tyrion, Dany, Davos, Stannis The Starks), basically weakening each other (or planning to), while the real fight hasn't even started yet.

I'm really excited for the next episode. I want to see where things end for the year.

• Members

For sure. I really don't know what's going on with the Lord of Light, but it does seem to have real power. I'm just wondering if it's a force for good or evil. At this point I assume it's some sort of force that may help against the white walkers in some way. Maybe. I'm a little suspicious though given what happened to Renly, The Spider and Gendry. I just wonder if this is some sort of force with it's own dark agenda. Too soon to be sure I guess.