HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I had a post but it didn't go through but it was mainly me praising Cheap's gifset and the one I really love is the intertwining of Bro/Sis now that they're marrying a Mother/Son combo -- I do that ALL the time when I read or in real life a la The Jacksons and ow half the kids are related by being brother/sister and cousins as well.

TVGuide added my favorite quotes

Lady Olenna (Dianna Rigg) to Loras (Finn Jones) and Margaery about their marriages:"Loras will be king's stepfather and brother-in-law. Margaery, when you marry the king, Joffrey's mother will become his sister-in-law, and your son will be Loras' nephew, grandson ... I'm not sure. But your brother will become your father-in-law. That much is beyond dispute."

Tyrion to Sansa: "It is my wedding night. My tiny drunk c--- and I have a job to do... I vomited on a girl once in the middle of the act, not proud of it. But I think honesty is important between man and wife, don't you agree? Come, I'll tell you all about it, put you in the mood."

Tyrion had me in tears!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am pretty sure that the guy fighting with the sickle in the preview is Daario. I hope that we get to actually see some beheadings. This show is in need of some actual violence on the screen.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Eh, Kat never had a chance, Walder like Bolton is a survivor. Notice how he stayed apart from the violence while Bolton put on his chain mail just in case.

Arya did come close. Her life is going to be full of disappointments like that.

I felt for Ygritte. Jon abandoned her without a second thought. I don't get how he did not recognize the wolves or vice versa.

• Members

Seriously, I don't blame Dany. She has got to be horny as hell. It has been a long time since Drogo and Daario is hot. The crushed expression on Jorah's face when was asked for Daario was pathetic and funny all at once. Does Jorah really think that he has a chance with her? He needs to wake up.

You know I was surprised by Talia's death. It was a departure from the book, but a good decision, I think.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

In the books, Robb had the good sense not to bring her along. In this interview, the writers talk about Cat killing a child:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/02/red-wedding-interview/

She didn't though right? Obviously, in the book she kills Jingle Bells, Frye's mental handicapped son (or grandson), but they are talking like she did it on the show too. Weird.

• Members

I am pretty sure that Frey's wife was a child. She did not look more than 15 or 16.

Oh, poor Grey Wind. Killed by his master's stupidity. He and Sansa's wolf got the worse of the Stark children so far.

Seriously, that was a brutal episode. Stabbing Talisa in her pregnant belly multiple times was so gruesome. It will take me forever to go to sleep tonight.

It was pretty sad when Cat saw the door close, heard them playing the music, and the realization that they were doomed slowly came upon her face, only for it to be confirmed by Bolton's betrayal when she saw chain mail. Well done by the actress!

Could Rob be more clueless?! Even Talisa had more sense at first when she refused to kiss him.

At least, Blackfish was saved by his bladder. The Tullys will live to have their revenge hopefully.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Infuriating episode. The show is just so bleak and I don't know where the show goes if you kill off the good guys. So Tywin wins the war 1-2-3. Not satisfying at all. Poor Robb, he was such a good guy who just made a couple of mistakes. The actor did a really good job playing him because the role was not one of the flashy leads and still Rob came out to be an ongoing concern you wanted to see what would happen next. Cat I liked too even though so many of the problems that befell her family stemmed from her decisions. Had she not freed Jaime, the Carstarks would have not turned on Robb,

• Members

Whatever happened with the Carstarks, Robb was doomed once he broke his oath to marry the Frey girl who turned out to be quite lovely. A king or queen does not marry for love, but to form alliances to strength their kingdom. Robb never understood this.

I don't think that Cat is the cause of her families problems. If anything, Ned's bad judgement is to blame for every single domino that has fallen on top of them. He is the one who failed to destroy the Lannisters when he had the chance. But in the end, I doubt much of any of this will matter with the White Walkers on their way. Only Jon and Dany are important in the end.

I forgot to mention: The ending credits with no music were eery as hell, very fitting.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

Tywin hasn't won anything yet. Stannis and the Red priestess are still at work. Dany is across the narrow sea with dragons and an army of unsullied too. Plus, there are major players in the game we haven't even met yet.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

That ending was haunting. I was so happy to see Rob's boring wife die. I idiotically believed that may have been it, but then killing Rob and Cat, too, and the wolf with Arya closeby seeing the destruction ... it was one of the most devastating series of scenes I've ever seen. I guess we can faithfully say the penultimate episode of each season is THE episode of each season.