HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

I really enjoyed the end of the episode. Poor Tyrion. He was not pleased at having to marry Sansa, but she is lucky. He will treat her well. I had a good laugh at Cersei's dismay when her father told her to marry Loras. She may have gotten one over on Tyrion, but her father smacked her down hard also. His disdain for both of them was clear. He pushed Jamie around too so they are in good company. What a horror being his child. He is a cold bastard. Tywinn sees them as extensions of himself and their first duty is to him and their family. They do not even dare disobey him.

Ah, Robb. I see the parallels between him and Joffery. Both were rightly advised not to execute their enemies, but they did so anyway and disaster followed.

I was not impressed by Jamie's confession, but his relationship with Brienne is very compelling.

So Jon finally got his cherry popped. Good for him.

The princess and the guy (I cannot remember his name) locked up were sweet together.

I am tired of the Brotherhood already.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish they had shown Patchface but oh well....I don't think it would have hurt the budget that much to have him just stumble in at the end of her scene with Stannis in all his foolery. Lol

if Charles Dance doesn't get an award for Game of Thrones though after this season I will be seriously pissed and shocked. He's just doing some incredible work this season and that's even after his scene with Jaime in Season 1 which I thought was one of the strongest scenes in the entire series....

• Members

Bringing the Gendry and Melisandre storylines together in this way was fantastic (although I hear it's not true to the books). Melisandre has never been as interesting as she was in her scene with Arya. I got a real sense of her magic and her threat, even more so than when she was giving birth to shadow-demon babies.

Olenna and Tywin trying to outmaneuver one another was a highlight. Loved Olenna teasing Tywin about engaging in gay activities (oh, how I wish he would!) and how Tywin ultimately got the upper hand. The whole marriage twist is giving so much life to the show, and so many possibilities. It was great to see Tyrion and Cersei kind of bonding for once.

The climbing scenes were fantastic. They looked amazing and the ending was a sweet, romantic surprise.

• Members

I did not like this episode that much, but it was okay. Charles Dance and Diane Riggs had the most entertaining scene, followed by the Jamie, Brienne, and Bolton's meal. The CGI of Jon and Ygritte climbing the wall was outstanding. The snow, ice, and the depth of the wall came off very real.

I felt for poor Ros which brings me to my biggest problem with the episode. Joffery killing Ros and getting the blame for ordering Tyrion's murder during the battle like he did for the murder of Robert's children. They trying to hard to demonize Joffery, while whitewashing Cersei's evil. She is hated for real reasons.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I loved this episode. One of my few complaints with the series has been due to the large cast no one ever gets more than five minutes of screentime in these short little eavesdropping scenes. We got a nice extended visit with Jon Snow which was really needed. I wish the show would occasionally showcase a single locale like they did with the war episode last year because this one episode with Jon really served him well and helped establish his relationships with the people he is with. If he isn't seen again until the finale it wouldn't hurt him one bit because the show went into great detail with him this episode.

Diana Rigg is great. She's been great for 50 years and the scene with the Queen and Tywin was outstanding. These two should get married! I had to turn away during the Theon scene, it was gruesome. I was a little unclear about who was sailing away at the end but I have to assume it was the gay knight (I forget his name). Poor Sansa. I continue to love Jaime and Brienne and I love how she helped him cut his dinner. These two are an unlikely breakout pair but they just work. And again he is looking out for her.

• Members

I absolutely hated this episode.....im sorry but as a fan of the books this episode was just way too much. I dont expect the show to be 100% faithful to the books but this is just a complete mockery....

They never met in the books ( Melisandre and Gendry). In fact NO ONE except Ned and later on another character even knows Gendry is Robert's bastard son.....

I mean just ridiculous....I can't watch this show show and enjoy it when all this stuff is just being thrown out there...

• Members

Right, but Melisandre can see things in her flames, so it's easy to believe she knows about Gendry. I understand why some of these changes are necessary. People can only follow so many characters at once and every new one costs money. Viewers already have some investment in Gendry, so I can see why they'd rather not add a character that people may not care that much about. Plus, when you think of all the story lines from the books, consolidation was a must. I don't love it, but I can accept it because they are doing so much right, imo.

• Members

ITA. The books are dense with too many characters. TPTB have to adapt them in a way that keeps the tv audience entertained or there will not be many more seasons ahead. On the show, there are simply too many characters and storylines as things stand. It makes it hard to keep track of the plots and important characters/stories get omitted out of some episodes which make the plots move at a snail's pace. The show should focus on the intrigue at King's Landing, the Starks, Jamie/Brienne, and Dany and cut down on everything else including Stannis. Theon's torture should be eliminated completely.

Edited by Ann_SS