AMC: Another fan favorite returns!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Short-term," eh? Something tells me, this time, she'll return as a manifestation of Tad's inner, subconscious reluctance toward "moving on" with Liza. Tad will feel guilty, b/c, it was their affair which led to him and Dixie's separation once upon a time. So, Tad will begin seeing Dixie everywhere, and trying to convince others that she is still alive. Once he realizes she isn't, however, Dixie will appear one last time to tell him it's okay to be with Cindy Lubbock Liza.

Of course, if TPTB were smart, they'd sign CM to a long-term contract once that story was finished, and introduce Dixie's long-lost twin sister, con artist Darla. ;-P

• Members

LOL!

Basically, David Hayward has a clinic "somewhere off the coast of Pine Valley," and on that clinic are Babe, Dixie and Greenlee, all being kept alive by the wondrous physician.

Oh, and did I mention, he's given them all new-and-improved Libidizone? ;-P

• Members

I just can't get excited about this. -_- At least not yet. I really hope they (including Agnes Nixon) sat down and thought long and hard about how they should really handle yet another Dixie return, cuz this ping-ponging sh!t is old and tired.

• Members

ICAM. And if it has anything to do with propping Tad's relationship with Liza, that will be a major disappointment and extremely insulting to many Tad and Dixie fans (I would be infuriated). If Dixie is still a ghost (which is bad enough for those who want her alive) then it would be better if the story were about JR's cancer and/or Tad FINALLY acknowledging who Dixie is to Kathy. Short-term doesn't give me much hope for alive though, and until that happens it's hard for me to even care about the show... and if it's to shove Tad and Liza down our throats, AMC is dead to me.

• Members

I can understand a writer's temptation to write any kind of story for a character like Dixie... taking whatever TPTB can get from McClain.

But that said, I would STRONGLY prefer this not being another "ghost Dixie" story. Let her be real, let her be alive. Let that be the solution to the spontaneouly-dropped mystery of "Who really killed Dixie" (which, by the way, is what I think this return is about - addressing that story).

• Members

Did you just see who was hired to headwrite the show? It will be good soon, then soon after that take another massive nosedive.

Why tease is with the Broderick transition only to employ two more hacks....

Ellen Wheeler will be the EP come fall probably.

Archived