SOD: All Soaps... [01/12/10]

• Members

When you compare it to the rest of the (most recent and hopefully FINAL) McTavish period, unfortunately that isn't saying too much.

But let's not forget that it was McTavish herself that wrecked the family unit... with the unabortion and yet another dual-role story (Lily / Ava). I'm thinking she must have been competing for a world record or something. What is that? Five dual roles under her belt?

I digress... Lorraine Broderick was actually quite wonderful with her work, last she wrote for Erica & Jack. She was poising them for reuniting back in 1997 (which, let's also not forget, a McTavish return put the kibosh on it with YET ANOTHER ridiculous story: Mike Roy back from the dead!). Maybe she'll have the chance to do something wonderful with them now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When McT brings out a double (especially such a pointless one--what did we ever even learn about Ava? besides she was a skank--I mean she obviously had a troubled upbringing but not that any of us would know) it usually means it's well past time to have her fired (I think ti was the silliness with Will's double, among other things that led Behr to out her in 95). Lots of these story beats she does though are I think to keep Frons interested... She sees her job may be in jeopardy, emails Frons: "Hey what if Erica had A SON! and it can be a bizarre unabortion storyline!" *phew job safe for another 6 months*

• Members

Days unwillingness to rebuild the Hortons is frustrating.Many of the popular actors on the show could have been recasts for David Banning,Mike Horton,Sarah Horton.Scotty Banning etc.

They've had to resort to making up new characters(Nathan,Nick) rather than nurturing the core chracters along the way.

Sarah would have been a natural for the show.The writers could have delved into the past to explore the fact that Neil Curtis was her bio dad(maybe some guest spots from Joe Gallison).Of course that makes Noelle Curtis her half sister.She could come on also.

Straight away you've got new young faces on the show who tie into vets and history(thus keeping older viewers happy also)

• Members

SSH is 66 years old. She was probably dying her hair dark for several years until she finally decided to let herself be naturally, beautifully gray. She had gray hair in 2008's Christmas episode. Not sure if she had been on with non-dark hair any time before that.

Archived