B&B: Ex GL Teen Hunk Joins The Cast

Evan

• Members

Whom exactly would be accusing B&B of racism if those characters were dismissed? African-Americans?

I don't mean to be overly sensitive or argumentative with that comment, but I, as an American first and African-American second, find it to be offensive. Contrary to the TOTALLY overused "playing the race card" cliche that a LOT of people seem to insist on running into the ground, I wish people would understand the following: in this day and age most African-Americans that I know of, myself included, who have experienced racism in its ugly forms DO NOT so casually yell "RACISM!" at the drop of the hat.

I seriously doubt that the NAACP would picket CBS Television City if Brad Bell dispensed with two satellite dull characters such as Marcus and Justin...perhaps if there is a civil rights group out there dedicated to rights of bland/bad actors (in the case of Texas Battle) maybe they would be up in arms. Personally, as far as the plight of African-Americans in this nation, believe it or not, there are far more serious and more pressing issues besides the pot of gloss that is B&B.

Furthermore, I would just like to state that even though there has been a TRAGIC and UNFORGIVABLE lack of true diversity on B&B in its twenty year history, I have never found the issue to be one of racism. Now if you want to truly discuss a daytime issue that many African-Americans view as very close to, if not venturing into downright racism, look no further than the various complaints/issues regarding the characters and/or actors of color across the hall at Television City at Y&R...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

remember last year kim zimmer was one of the speculated upon rampant rumors about claudia's mother on gh and they never brought on her mother. and so far the show has been doing a lot for sandy they didnt do for claudia. but kz is in for a surprise when she acts with sjb, she isnt going to mop the floor with her. in fact, it could be the opposite.

• Members

Here's a thought: what if KZ came aboard, and instead of one actress out-acting the other, they actually "sparkled", chemistry-wise, and meshed well in their scenes together?

Never mind. That's so absurd even I can't believe it.

• Members

I wonder if they should have recast Beth Logan with Kim Zimmer. Just say Beth got over her dementia (since when is this show interested in realism anyway) and have her raise hell.

They could bring someone like Lisa Peluso or Judi Evans in as Sarah Brown's mom.

Archived