B&B: Ex GL Teen Hunk Joins The Cast

Evan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lots of hirings these days: Sarah Brown, Kimberly Matula, Zach Conroy and Justin Baldoni... Do you really think that Bradley Bell will write for everybody? I wish he would. New characters can be good for the show but he will probably write for them for two or three months then they will be written out and the same characters will remain in the background (Thorne, Felicia, Thomas, etc). I still don't understand why they put Drew Tyler Bell back on contrat...

• Members

Sherwood showed more growth, potential and was starting to show more depth in the role than Khalil ever came to scratching the surface of (minus the 1 scene she almost had me where she went off on Daniel after Dru fell over the cliff), especially given how much time each had to tackle the role

• Members

Yes, I agree. Sherwood was a slow build, but she had started to win over many viewers. Khalil was the opposite. She started (her return) with a lot of good will, but has squandered it with talentlessness.

Since this is the B&B thread, I'd say the problem with Bell shows is the failure (mostly) to do well with the young casting. It can be done. I'd say GH, OLTL and ATWT all have had more luck with their youth casting--especially GH.

I'm vaguely encouraged that B&B is trying again with the young set. Zack Conroy impressed me (for more than his good looks) on GL...I really felt like he could emulate the progression and (ultimately) gravitas of his TV-dad, Grant Aleksander. Unfortunately, history suggests B&B will not be the place for him to hone his skills as a serious actor. We shall see...

As others here have said, the real mystery is what the rejuvenation of the young set means for all the backburnered others. Thomas and Rick are the most obvious, but so too are the perennial questions about Thorne and Felicia. Lesli Kay's time at ATWT has been extended (I guess till March)...so she's off Brad Bell's "worry list" for the time being. I wish they would just send the character out of town for now. But the Winsor Harmon neglect is criminal (and I don't even care for the actor/character). Why he isn't part of "Taylor's romance", and instead they are squandering Ric Hearst there, I'll never know.

B&B has had the worst luck with every young actress since Jennifer Finnegan/Adrienne Frantz. (I don't count Ashley Jones, because she was already a more mature Bridget). Here's hoping this Matula girl is a major talent.

• Members

Lesli Kay is recurring and DTB is awful, so I'm okay with them being backburnered. Winsor Harmon and Kyle Lowder, on the other hand, are shamefully neglected.

Also, Baldoni may not be on contract. Matula and Conroy's press releases state that they're on contract; Baldoni's doesn't. He may only be on for a few weeks.

But I wonder how they'll fit 23 (or 24) actors into the opening credits.

I agree, but it won't happen. Donna is a Logan (and a Forrester by marriage) so she's safe. And if they got rid of Justin and Marcus they'd be accused of racism.

God, I hope so. That is one character that seriously needs to be recast - Blair Redford (ex-Scott, Y&R/ex-Miguel, Passions) would be perfect.

Yes, I'm hoping we will have another Rick/Amber/CJ/Kimberly/Deacon/Becky type younger set (and not another Rick/Phoebe/Constantine).

Thorne/Taylor has proven unsuccessful twice. I think the Whip/Taylor pairing has been great for both Hearst and Tylo. They both seem so much more alive now than in their last pairings (Jackie and Ridge, respectively).

Before JMW, I would've agreed with you. JMW is Jennifer Finnigan 2.0, IMO. The difference is, Finnigan's Bridget was consistently well written.

• Members

B&B doesn't champion themselves of being a diverse soap like other soaps. Then doesn't write for black characters or keep them in a corner somewhere where their storylines only effects them. You never hear people call B&B racist. What people don't understand, LA is a mix place where they have gays, blacks, & latins but they never showcase them. Maybe they are excuses them because they are an half hour show.

My point is they could get rid of Justin & Marcus last week & nobody would accuse B&B of being racist. We'll just would say it took them long enough. Or I knew they wasn't going to stay long. But getting rid of these two won't put a dint in their line up. They still got too many people. That's why we're predicting that these new people will be forgotten in a couple of months as well.

• Members

That`s what I thought when I read the casting call. But my mom think he`s the guy who was taking pictures of Sandy and then his friends came over, including the rapist, and a party broke out. Nick will apprehend the rapist and Sandy can be free.

Archived