AMC's Top 40 Couples

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Popular," according to whom? Zendall fans?

Not that I speak for everyone who follows AMC, but I am so happy those two will be high-tailing it out of PV soon. Kendall and Zach are two boring people, played by two boring actors, who have no romantic chemistry whatsoever, and whose relationship has not made any sense from day-damn-one.

• Members

Ok, I'm not going to say that the actors are horrible or anything, but they're not my favorite couple or my least favorite. However, I think them in the top ten being in the top ten is ok. I mean, most couples don't last years and years and they've been at it for five years now. I mean, that's an 1/8 of the entire show's run. That's not bad at all. I think ABC is incorporating years together alongside popularity.

• Members

First of all, how interesting that you should use the words "been at it" in this context. LOL! Yep, they've certainly "been at it" for quite awhile, haven't they, lol?

It is (or could be), though, when you realize that quality of storylines, and not duration, is what should matter most here. And the truth is, even when there were opportunities to transition Zach and Kendall into other relationships, the show wouldn't do it, b/c either their fans, the writers or Frons (take your pick - I won't start that argument again, lol) wouldn't let them. Subsequently, Zach and Kendall were reunited (although, God only knows why), and everyone but their most rabid devoted was left feeling miserable.

• Members

LOL, glad you liked my word choice.

Well, the only thing I have against them is that they swallowed the show whole, alongside Ryapeass over the last five years. I feel like they let Kendall screw enough guys in order to try other pairings, haha. I thought Zach and Liza was interesting, but you're right, I guess neither had any major other relationships in the last five years but each other. But isn't that the point if you're a couple? Haha

• Members

Oh, Lord, yes. Definitely agree w/ you there, on both counts. Even worse, after all the junk we went through years ago when Ryan wanted to be included in Spike's life, he's going to let Zach and Kendall leave town with the crumb-snatcher? Seriously?!

I guess so, but [broken record] soaps shouldn't really be about couples. Characters should be allowed to fall in and out of love w/ each other naturally, and not tethered to this-or-that individual b/c somebody thinks theirs is a forever kind of love or something. [/broken record]

• Members

Yeah, Ryan letting them leave with Spike was a big WTF to me, but it's obvious that it's just a massive fail in writing and a rush to end Zendall in a positive way.

I'll agree with you there, but I think the idea of a supercouple is very important. But you're right, if said couple went through other relationships and betrayals, it's more realistic and what a soap should be. But Zendall have had their fair share, haha.

• Members

I don't mind Zendall being on the top ten. They definately have a big fanbase and at one time I did like them together before B & E and Pratt destroyed them.

I kinda like that they've lasted so long, I think a lot of soap couples get together and break up too fast. Long lasting couples can be good when written right.

• Members

I am not really surprised that Ryan lets Zach and Kendall leave town with Spike. He has for the most part always been good with sharing Spike with them. Even during most of the times, he was on the outs with Zach.

I think that he accepted a long time ago, that as long as Zach was apart of Kendall's life romantically that, Zach was going to be apart of Spike's life. I think that Ryan feels like Zach is a second father to Spike. And Spike has always spent more time with Zendall than Ryan. So I'm not surprised that he lets them leave town with Spike.

Also for the list, I wouldn't have put Zendall in the top 10 and there are some other couples up there who I would have ranked higher on the list. I think that Greenlee and Leo should have gotten a higher ranking on the list.

• Members

To hell with Zendall. You mean to tell me that in the 40 year history of AMC, let me repeat, forty year history of AMC, they are the 8th best couple of them ALL? The 8th!? It is tragic, and I am fully aware that "tragic" is a hyperbolic word here, but hey, I calls it as I sees it.

I see a common trend with many Zendall fans and Nuke fans. They talk and talk about how much TPTB suck, and they talk about this until they're blue in the face, yet they're jonesing over couples that the very same TPTB put together. One can say that Writer sucks and is a hack and never does anything right and doesn't know anything at all about soap writing, yet your mouth waters and common sense flies out the window over a couple that HE/SHE created. That writer can't be all that horrible if you're busy working away on banners and avatars and message boards and websites and all this and all that for a couple that he/she created and he/she writes.

It'd be different if: A, people weren't so damn over-the-top in how much they dislike TPTB. I don't think Passanante is all that amazing, but I can recognize and say that I think she writes very entertaining stories every now and then. Or B, if people owned it and said "Well, this couple's stories are absolutely horrid, but I think they have great chemistry, or I think they look very good together." I loathe Nuke's stories and am totally not a fan at all, but I can admit that VH and JS look very very good together. It's not that hard to do at all. It just requires some pride swallowing, and I know that soap fans are notorious for their refusal to swallow.

Rant over.

Archived