AMC's Top 40 Couples

• Members

Is that true with Zendall? McTavish seemed to be the main force behind Zach and Kendall. She was out in early/mid 2007. B&E wrote more about Zach's great connection with Greenlee, and Pratt, I don't think he's ever been that fond of them. He had Zach lusting after Reese and then nailing Liza on the roulette wheel.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Enough about Zendall! On to the Top 10 Moments of AMC: http://abc.go.com/shows/all-my-children/photo-details/top-40-moments-of-all-my-children-moments-110/363454/?image=end-card

10. Nina and Cliff's Storybook Wedding (1980)

9. Tornado 2008 (2008)

8. Who Killed Will? (1992)

7. Explosion at the Mardi Gras Ball (2006)

6. Liza Catches Tad & Marian Together (1983)

5. Jesse and Angie Reunite (2008)

4. Natalie Trapped in the Well (1991)

3. Bianca Gets Her Baby Back (2004)

2. Kendall is Erica's Daughter (1993)

1. Bianca Comes Out (2000)

Boooo! I CANT believe that Skye/Janet/Erica vs Kinder didnt make the list. That was MY favorite moment ever

• Members

I mainly meant McTash there. Everyone was ready for her ass to go, but the whole time, I'm looking at Zendall fans like..."Uh...but she writes for your lame ass couple, and she's obsessed with Zach. You should hate to see her go."

I loved the Mardi Gras Ball too. The tornado, not so much. Okay, not at all.

• Members

It's weird seeing Edmund and Maria. I know they were, at one time, very popular, but they had about two years of decent story. By 1996 or 1997 their relationship had degraded to endless baby woe, with Maria in tears most of the time and Edmund as the self-righteous husband. Their reunion in 2002 eventually became a fiasco.

• Members

Don't apologize :P

I don't think you get what I'm saying, though. I'm not necessarily talking about the people who complain about their couple's stories. It's more like...the people who almost separate their couple from the rest of the show. In one thread, they'll say..."Oh man, AMC sucks donkey balls big time. The whole show is a disaster," but then in another thread, it's "Oh man, Zendall is amazing couple, I love them, they are great, they are sexy, and they are epic."* Is this "amazing couple" not on a show that is wholly a "disaster?" It's either an over-the-top evaluation of the HW/EP (OMFG I HATE MCTAVISH/B&E/PRATT/PASSANANTE/ETC I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM THEY SUCK THEY'RE RUINING OUR SHOW AND IT'S ALL THEIR FAULT AND THAT'S IT AND AAAAAAH!!!!!!!!111oneoneoneeleven) or pretty shallow love for the couple, usually a mixture of them both. It falls into the "Bad writers never write good stories" category, but it also deals with that strange phenomena where a couple can get truly shiteous writing, but their most devoted fans will find a way to spin, and spin, and spin, and spin more than a girl on colorguard, until that shiteous writing is deemed "deep" and romantic."**

* - I can't believe I typed that ish, even for hypothetical reasons.

** - Yes, I'm talking about Zach murdering Josh to get his heart.

• Members

I see what you mean now.

I think people have very fond memories of a couple they aren't as likely to let go of, even if their opinion of the show plummets. That couple represents more for them than the program itself. I do think in some cases, fans do end up having a more negative opinion of a couple when really bad writing hits. With Zendall, at some boards, like TWOP, they had some big fans who, around the time of Zach killing Josh and the Reese crap and Zach becoming "Zonny", just stopped posting entirely, or stopped watching.

The fans who stay on are more likely to be more invested in that couple and the good memories they represent. It's a power struggle, and a way to have control over a soap which often treats viewers like they're meaningless.

Archived