AMC's Top 40 Couples

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awww, I really liked Hayley/Brian... but of course Hayley/Mateo were hot in the beginning. They will definitely make the top 5!

Other Top 5 contenders:

Tad/Dixie (prob. #2)

Edmund/Maria

Erica/Dimitri

Ryan/Gillian

Angie/Jesse

Greg/Jenny

Greenlee/Leo

Trevor/Natalie

Now, knowing ABC, I just KNOW Zach/Kendall will be in the top 3...and I swear if they are #1, I will scream something fierce.

• Members

Since this is an ABC driven poll, I don't see David and Erica making it. So my guess would be Mike instead. I think Erica and Dimitri will top J&E, with Mike and possibly Adam being her others.

I think it's disgusting that Jake and Amanda are on there at all. But, like I said, it's ABC in charge of the poll, so I'm not surprised.

• Members

ABC is also counting down the 40 best moments

40. David Drugs Everyone with Libidozone (2000)

39. Phoebe Marries Wade (1986)

38. Fusion Begins (2002)

37. Carol Burnett is Langley's Daughter (1983)

36. Erica Models at the Met (1983)

35. Hayley Arrives in Town (1990)

34. Zach Marries Kendall (2005)

33. Erica: Stuck in the Wilderness (1986)

32. Maria is Alive! (2003)

31. Jenny Dies (1984)

http://abc.go.com/shows/all-my-children/photo-details/top-40-moments-of-all-my-children-moments-3140/354316/354315

Kylie, I think you'll love the picture in the first one ;)

• Members

I don't see how Greg and Jenny cannot be #1. They are pretty much the gold standard for soap love stories, the one you think of first with AMC, and they even had the tragic ending all great love stories should have. I would have to go with Greg and Jenny, then Cliff and Nina as the two great love stories AMC told. The great Erica pairing was Erica and Mike in my opinion, but I assume these people will go with Erica and Jackson.

• Members

ITA. Before I saw the pictures, I thought that by "Fusion Begins," they meant the early, early beginnings of the original four making cosmetics on Kendall's stove. I loved those days.

Fusion does kinda make me tear up. So much BS has occurred there, and I wouldn't cry if they axed it tomorrow, but the first year or two, with Kendall, Greenlee, Simone, Mia, and Liza was all right. Once it became a revolving door for every new ingenue who needed friends, it got stale and annoying. That and the fact that they very rarely worked there.

• Members

It's going to be interesting to see if AMC goes with Erica/Dimitri or Erica/Jack as Erica's top pairing. I think it can go both ways. In terms of writing the last 8 or so years Jack has been written as the love of her life, prior to 2002, however, that was very clearly written to be Dimitri. We'll see.

• Members

My personal top 10 AMC couples:

10. Palmer & Daisy Cortlandt

09. Tad Martin & Hillary Wilson

08. Mark Dalton & Ellen Shepherd

07. Tom Cudahy & Brooke English

06. Chuck Tyler & Donna Beck

05. Tad Martin & Dixie Cooney

04. Phil Brent & Tara Martin

03. Jesse Hubbard & Angie Baxter

02. Cliff Warner & Nina Cortlandt

01. Greg Nelson & Jenny Gardner

• Members

AMC's Top 40 Moments: 30-21

30. Who Killed Michael? (2004)

29. Hayley Meets Mateo (1996)

28. Jenny and Jesse in NYC (1982)

27. Erica Kane: The Movie (1988)

26. Billy Clyde's Reign of Terror (1977-1980, 1990)

25. Palmer's willing to let Nina go blind (1980)

24. Mona dies (1994)

23. Mark's Intervention (1987)

22. Maria gets her baby back (1997)

21. Cindy dies of AIDS (1989)

AMC's Top 40 Couples: 30-21

30. Bianca and Maggie

29. Edmund and Brooke

28. Mona and Charles

27. Stuart and Cindy

26. Adam & Liza

25. Janet & Trevor

24. Ryan & Gillian

23. Palmer & Opal

22. Brooke & Adam

21. Stuart and Marian

• Members

I'm actually really enjoying this list so far :) The placement is pretty legitimate so far.

I know it's unlikely, but I'm REALLY hoping Aidan and Greenlee makes it on the list. Just so Aidan can have an entry, haha. And cause they rocked. :( I guess Aidan and Maria could have a shot?

What's the likelihood of Ryan and Kendall making it higher than Ryan and Greenlee? I think they're going with popularity and longevity, meaning Aidan/Greenlee, Aidan/Kendall, and Ryan/Kendall don't have a shot.

My guesses for the top five, in no order, are Joe and Ruth, Cliff and Nina, Tad and Dixie, Jackson and Erica, Jesse and Angie. Zach and Kendall will be #6.

Archived