ATWT Canceled

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amen to everything you said. There is a hungry audience out there and ain't nobody getting fed, because for whatever stupid reasons, TIIC can't get over their own [!@#$%^&*] and see beyond their warped view of what's interesting or what the viewers "want". FULLY integrated and representative shows should have been a reality at least two decades ago. How tragic, pathetic even, that soaps will be history before there was even ONE asian mom and dad with 2.3 children and a kooky Gramma. What's most frustrating is that soaps are a 52 weeks a year, 5 days a week operation and there is AMPLE time for experimentation and broadening the canvas. It certainly has its kinks, but there are lessons to be learned from OLTL.

• Members

I bet he is tired of hearing from whiny bitchy irrational soap fans. I can only imagine that he shakes his head in disbelief when he gets yet another batch of mail from a rabid fanbase demanding that their couple be put back together or their favorite character not be fired. Moonvres must be counting down the days until he can get rid of soap fans and their obsessiveness for good. Goodness know I would feel that way.

• Members

Moonves has every right to be arrogant.

He brought CBS up from the gutter after they lost the NFL to Fox in the early 90's. A move which CBS still hasn't fully recovered.

Yeah, it sucks ATWT was canceled, but Moonves is a network scheduling genius.

Archived