ATWT Canceled

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see Larry Bryggman returning. The show was only a paycheck to allow him to do theatre. I doubt he has any nostalgic sentiment for the show. Would be nice to see Patsy Bruder, but I think that branch of the Stewart family is essentially dead to the writers. I can see people like Rosemary Prinz, Lisa Brown, Scott DeFreitas, and Mary Beth Evans returning, since their characters have strong ties to the current cast of characters. Would be nice to give some closure to Lisa and Barbara, have them finally find happiness with a man after all these years. I'm actually tearing up over this a bit. This was such an iconic show and a real warhorse in its day, and despite what some people might think, it pretty much stayed true to itself, never really losing its identity as much as some other shows have. It was never my favorite show, but there was always something comforting knowing that Bob, Kim, Lisa, and Nancy were still there, even in limited capacity.

• Members

I never thought it was going to happen so soon. I thought they had just one more chance to save the show. Not now.

Sad.

And i do not believe the crap that they are 'looking' for a new home. This is just lip service to keep everyone 'hoping' until the last day.

• Members

Actually, Dr.Oz is doing about the same ratings as DAYS. Who knows? Maybe SONY is trying to get out of soap biz by looking to produce cheaper programming. If SONY don't cancelled DAYS, Comcast will price hike the hell out of SONY over time.

I can't be too sad with ATWT ended. P&G hasn't put any effort in saving their soaps in the latter years. If P&G would of spend their money on creating a production house for their soaps, maybe they could be saved.

I sure Branco is crying in his bed right now wishing that he could have broke the news. LOL!

• Members

I think this means the existing CBS soaps will be more micromanaged than before now. Y&R and B&B are both in the creative shitter anyway, so it might not make much of a difference. For Y&R, I'm at least hoping Maria will be pressured to hire more qualified people to help her run that show and changes will be made to the writing and producing team.

I really hope CBS gives ATWT's spot back to the affiliates, I'm not really in the mood for some cheaply produced game show with an annoying host.

Does CBS/Paramount want to produce a new talk show perhaps? There's always Oprah's void to fill, and she's ending in September 2010 too...

• Members

CBS is evil! They could not even wait until February sweeps! I also am sick at people GLOATING over ATWT's cancellation and blaming Kreizman's two months! ATWT was going to be cancelled long before Kreizman started. He was given a tiny chance to save it, less than two months. The show was garnering critical praise. It's not like he killed the show.

Why don't you blame Grant Aleksander's return for being the death of GL while you're at it, it's just as faulty logic. The return of Phillip did not bring the ratings, Phillip killed GL!! That should show anyone trying to bring back an old favorite that it doesn't work because it didn't work after only a month! Don't bring back old favorites, it's just a waste of money, GL proves it! Does that kind of logic make sense to you?

I am DEPRESSED, ANGRY, and HATEEEEEE CBS. ATWT has been on a roll and great to watch. I wish ATWT the best in moving to a new, innovative format.

• Members

Well, I guess I finally will become a DOOL watcher. There is no way in hell I will ever watch a game show or talk show in the place of GL or ATWT. Like others I thought they might just get one more year to turn things around, now I just hope it ends on a good note and that the couples that should be together end up together.

Archived