ATWT Canceled

• Members

You know what... Now that ATWT has been cancelled... Given that Barbara really has no influence on B&B and not much on Y&R... She might be out to.

They can dump her and create a smaller role, something with much less inflated salary.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Barbara mismanaged two shows right into the shitter. She must be so proud.

Unlike GL, though, ATWT still had some impetus, some pull from its illustrious soapy roots. Unlike GL which, at worst, should have died with the Irna Phillips/70th anniversary tribute show.

• Members

I watched As the World Turns during the Marland years and for a year after Marland passed away. Even though I haven't watched in over 15 years, I feel bad for the fans that the show is ending. At least there's YouTube et al where we can watch clips from our favorite past storylines.

My feeling is that CBS has another game show in the works as a replacement. Maybe the new version of Pyramid?

• Members

OLTL has a good year to really push itself. Lets remember in 2008 there were times OLTL was higher rated then AMC and GH. It's the only soap coming in under budget and huge difference between OLTL/ATWT, ABC owns OLTL lock, stock and barrell. Anyways I am sad for ATWT, I think it had a couple years left where GL was just dead when it was canned. I think Chris Goutman is a good producer with the right head writer, he stayed in his position for too long. He has been ATWT executive producer for 10 and half years. I actually would love to see Goutman at AMC where he was a director during the Felicia Behr years. I cannot stand Julie because she is a non visionary whereas Goutman is a visionary. His biggest mistake keeping Jean Passanante as long as he did. She stunk for so long and hiring David Kriezman was too late. Anyways also on the DAYS front, NBC is absolutely renewing the show. It is getting over 500,000 more viewers on a budget of 50 percent less. DAYS is the miracle/success story of the year and big reason why is because of Gary Tomlin. Tomlin really was a huge force for DAYS. AMC they will not cancel for at least 2 years, too much is at stake with the move and everything. ABC would not be moving AMC to LA if they were cancelling it. We will be left with six soaps and here will be the pecking order IMO:

6th: OLTL

5th:AMC

4th:DAYS or GH

3rd: DAYS or GH

2nd: B&B

1st:Y&R

• Members

:mellow: Wow. You would really wrote AMC into cancellation. Jean Passanante was just a marionette, Goutman was dictating stories for a long time now. And he was EP on two shows which got cancelled under his reign.

Not to say anything about what he thinks of soap fans, which, I presume, you are. Basically, you would hire a person who feels contempt for you.

• Members

Oh, it can. And it had before, and i wouldnt be shocked if it did it again.

Some yes, but i wouldnt say most. The show has lost a [!@#$%^&*] load of viewers from all the crap fans have taken, like all soaps. However unlike other soaps DAYS has turned itself around and gained an audience. No, its not where it use to be and never will be again...

It isnt like Fronsie has tried for Days more than once. NBC hasnt dropped it, so it cant end up on ABC. I myself dont foresee it. If Days were to go to another network it would be CBS, IMHO, but i honestly believe it will die on NBC.

Less options overall yes, but in its time slot Days is usually against OLTL and ATWT. Both still there. So what explains people turning into days? and staying at days. Love ir, ahte it, whatever the case may be DAYS has pulled off the one thing no other soap has been able to this year - grow an audience. Why is that? Whatever the reason be, it does go to that it can be done. I mean, 369,000 people dont just come out of nowhere. And if they do, then why cant the other soaps get them?

• Members

So not surprised....next up on that CBS Management Soap Roundtable Review will be......?????? Who will it be, we will wait till the .....to find out.... No CBS soap is exempt from this and rightly so. You perform you get rewarded, you don't...cya!! We have soap writers on CBS who can't write worth a damn and I want better for the network and expect better as a viewer.

• Members

Yeah it definitely is not good for soaps. OLTL is so next.

Days leave NBC? I don't see that happening unless the ratings and demos tank, but I think they'd cancel it. Would ABC really pick up a show they'd have to pay a licensing fee for when they own theirs? I can't see Frons doing that, it's why he didn't pick up Passions after it was cancelled(his own words, it was too expensive)

Archived