ATWT Canceled

• Members

Shocked but at the same time not really. CBS & PG has been getting out of the soap world, this was really only a matter of time.

I'd be more worried if I was the cast of OLTL---pretty soon, about to be the only game left in the city

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always knew it would go first, but I really knew it was done when Nelson claimed it would be renewed. Didn't they all say that about GL too? P&G ain't gonna renew [!@#$%^&*], people. They hate the soaps. They want out.

• Members

This is truly devastated but I cannot blame CBS. If you're looking at this from a business standpoint, you can clearly see only P&G and ATWT are to be blamed for their own demise. I'm sorry that all those who are currently employed by "World Turns" will loose their jobs soon. My heart goes out to all the fans of ATWT. I'm truly sad and sorry to see your show getting the boot. It was just yesterday I decided to checked out the show and the fight caught my attention.

• Members

I wonder how this would benefit the ABC soaps. It makes me wonder if the ATWT audience might move over to OLTL.

This is not good for CBS Daytime, I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel Y&R and B&B at the same time. B&B is right down their in the 18-49 demos with ATWT, and Y&R has been crashing for nearly a year now. I wonder if they will revive another game show to take the place of ATWT.

• Members

I wonder if Maura West will get work on another soap. She is at a challenging age for soap women and doesn't have a past on another soap to return to, like Crystal Chappell. I think some of the male actors like Daniel Cosgrove and Roger Howarth may be able to find other soap work, but for the rest of the cast and crew, we are talking unemployment.

Archived