ATWT Canceled

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A-W-E-S-O-M-E-N-E-S-SSSSS!!! :lol:

True. But ultimately, they won't look at whether it's pleasing someone or no one, you know that. They'll examine the profits, the losses, the ratings, add 2 and 2 together and say - goodbye, most likely.

• Members

According to DC, ATWT's writing in prep for cancellation was not so subconscious. They were coasting and didn't care. I'll enjoy watching Chris Goutman attempt to finally do his job again for nine months. Or maybe he'll just hide in his office with Ellen, gettin' high.

• Members

Why can't soap ratings start picking up? :( And why can't Bloomberg offer tax cuts or subsidies to Daytime shows that film in the city? :mad: I loved the vibe that soaps that filmed in NY used to have.

Weird thing is, I thought ATWT was back on a creative kick now that it (finally) decided to re-embrace its soapy roots and go with soapy cliffhangers and the like?

I hope Maura West lands on her feet. Preferably on a soap I watch.

• Members

I wouldnt say turning around. it was on a upswing for a moment, like it has been a few other times off and on for the past 8 years or so, but it never lasts. It wasnt like it became great, just a lesser version of awful IMHO.

As far as OLTL and AMC and other soaps go lets just look at the latest ratings...

1. Y&R 4,908,000 (+91,000/-201,000)

2. B&B 3,200,000 (-30,000/-622,000)

3. DAYS 3,100,000 (-24,000/+369,000)

4. GH 2,667,000 (+12,000/-286,000)

5. AMC 2,618,000 (+87,000/-91,000)

6. OLTL 2,461,000 (-67,000/-299,000)

7. ATWT 2,416,000 (+31,000/-399,000)

Days is best off, with Y&R and AMC behind it by default. If i were B&B and OLTL i would be worried. Both are down a lot in total people and in demos. A lot. Thats not good. AMC is the safest on ABC right now just because of the move. But it doesnt have years, i would say they have 1 max. GH should be on the brink of getting the ax but that just wont happen before the other two, sadly. B&B does benifit from being huge overseas, but will that overseas market help pay for the show to keep it going? even with the bells playing hardball and threating to take Y&R, does CBS care that much at this point?

He is honeslty one of the most over rated actors i have ever seen on a soap opera.

• Members

SONY owns the show. NBC has nothing to do with it, even IF Comcast wants to keep a soap on its lineup. The contract is up September 2010.

Also, DAYS gets better demos than OLTL or ATWT, does it not? And DAYS shoots in L.A. Cheaper on production costs. I could see DAYS staying in Burbank or vacating to a cheaper studio. Couple that with DAYS being on SOAPnet as well. If Corday is desperate enough he may not "sell" DAYS to ABC, but he'd be willing to relinquish more profit to ABC and SOAPnet to keep his hands greased.

I don't see why people think it's completely out of the realm of possibility.

• Members

LOL!

Oh, i know that. I dont expect them too. They would be awful business men to overlook bad demos, poor ratings, and the overall profit in favor of fans happiness. And these are business men, not soap fans.

They can. It cant be said it cant be done. Look at DAYS. They grew an audience and have kept it for almost a year now.

Archived