ATWT Canceled

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NBC would have to cut the fourth hour of Today for another soap, so it'll never happen. With the rating successes, I don't think NBC would dump DAYS, but it would be nice to have it over at CBS. I just can't see CBS, which was supposed to be the #1 soap network, with two soaps. That is going to be strange.

• Members

Pyramid! I hope.

Days is doing well so I don't see NBC cancelling it or selling it to a rival. ABC is going to have to cancell AMC or OLTL to make room for Days and I don't see that happening for another 2 years. AMC and OLTL are going to get a chance to settle into their new cheaper studios and with reduced production costs, they should make money for ABC.

• Members

That is true, unlike with GL, CBS did not air As the World Turns in unusual time periods. Also, it was P&G who cut the Executive in Charge of Production position in 2005 and I think if that position had not be eliminated, MADD would have given Goutman and Jean the boot 4 years ago. It also makes me wonder that with the rumors currently floating around about our economy taking another hit in January, if P&G decided not continue to sponsor the show and decided to cease production and made an agreement with CBS to keep that under wraps. Bottom line is, GL and ATWT have been tanking for years and P&G allowed GL to be completely decimated and probably just decided to cut their losses with ATWT now that GL was dead and buried.

• Members

I dont blame CBS at all; They gave it more of a chance than it really deserved. This show and GL have been dead for years and TPTB at P&G did nothing. They killed it, them alone.

It would be AWESOME to watch!

But i dont want any soap cancelled, esp one like OLTL that is pleasing its audience. Its one thing when a soap own fanbase cries for TPTB to cancel it (tho its amusing when those same ones who beg for it top get the ax then rally to save it, lol). Its just sad when a soap thats pleasing its fans gets the ax.

Archived