ATWT Canceled

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sylph doesn't actually care about any of these soaps. He just needs another thread to make about his antics (look how counter culture I am! lulz), as opposed to ATWT.

It's adorable that the "DAYS will move to ABC and OLTL will go OMFG!" urban legend is still alive after all these years, though.

• Members

But what does that say?

It would be assumed by most that hurts days. Not only is it the only soap on its network, its only daytime partener airs hours before it. There is no daytime lineup. It doesnt have support. like ABC soaps with The View or anything, at all.

I think it just goes to show that if you tell good, soapy stories people will tune in.

• Members

I will always be of the opinion that after almost twenty years of enduring crap DAYS fans would watch a test pattern that featured Sami, Stefano, EJ, Maggie or Hope, and perhaps a fern from the Titan offices. That show is oatmeal now. If ABC hasn't picked it up by now it won't. That would interfere with the industry in general's self-fulfilling prophecy that soon these shows will be gone and they can all move on to "real" jobs that are cool, a philosophy very much alive at ABC Daytime. The only soap that does not have that attitude is OLTL and possibly DAYS.

• Members

Personally, this is a lot sadder for me that GL's demise. GL was totally gutted and died years ago. The show that limped along for years might've called itself "Guiding Light" but it didn't even resemble what it had been. It was a totally different animal. ATWT is different. It's still recognizable and has its vets. It's essentially the same show it's been for year in terms of the canvas, just done on a much tighter budget. A very sad day, and that moves AMC or OLTL right up to the head of the firing line.

• Members

I realize OLTL will likely be next unless AMC really continues to tank beyond all excuses, but we don't know when "next" is.

As of now I will be proud to see my show go, whenever it does, with a modicum of dignity, and solid storytelling and families. Not dying like a dog like ATWT and GL. You look at their classic episodes during the holidays and you want to weep for them. I do when I watch those, anyway.

Archived