Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 26, 2009

• Members

WHAT?!!!! Someone else beside myself thought the choice of clips was interesting! I am going to need to see more to get a handle here but I have seen enough to believe that we might have a tagteam of enemies here and certainly one of them connects to the Newmans and they might not be in their right minds. :lol: Either way though Deacon has now infiltrated the Newmans and now Baldwins are on the list. And thanks for bringing Kay into your post because it now occurred to me why we had the Harvest Festival with Phick, Likey, Katherine/Murphy - somehow I think this is all going to connect...I just need more clues. And let me throw Nikki in this lot too!!

MAB may still be an amateur writer in my eyes but even I can see that she does 1 thing that I love which is connecting the characters somehow even if it sometimes by a flimsy thread.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't worry, I don't think knowing Daisy attends Walnut Grove is going to reveal any secrets about future storylines.

Daisy looks like she had future Brittney Hodges written all over her. Mark is just giddy with delight.

Who was Abby supposed to be? I thought she looked like Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. Then I remember that Abby's 14 and it freaks me out. Someone said she may be Amy Winehouse, though that's not much better.

• Members

Amy Winehouse was so last year and I think Daisy was Gwen Stefani, although isn't that so 10 years ago? You'd think these girls would be dressed like Lady Gaga and Rhianna (bruises and all). Who dresses like a football player and doesn't at least put zombie make-up on with it? All this says to me is that Halloween was just an afterthought and they had to scramble to come up with something. The only ones who looked clever were Chloe and Mac and that's only because Mac for once, looked great, and Barbarella is retro.

• Members

Those costumes were just terrible. I can't believe how cute AMC's costumes were compared to that garbage. Some of the ideas didn't bother me, but the execution was terrible. When I heard everyone raving about Delia as a football, I expected to be able to tell she was a football. I can't even comment on the dreadful story because the Halloween costumes were so disappointing.

• Members

The choice of clips for the Victor farewell was indeed puzzling.

To reference the Michael in the dungeon story,when that had been swept under the rug for so many years was odd.Did it even get a mention when Leanna was writing 'Ruthless? Who actually knows about that,anyway?

It was bizarre seeing Victor near death so often.How many times has he been wounded/taken ill etc?

If past performers are used in clips,is any kind of clearance necessary?If so,could this affect what is shown?

As for Ridiculous Style,that dumb magazine and the insta issues has to die!!

The writing is still all over the place-dragging and zooming by at that the same time.

• Members

Is it really fair to blame the actor for the decisions of TIIC? The writing for the Adam character has been an epic fail for so long now. They never should have gone down the road they did with Ashley's miscarriage. Personally, I don't think MM is doing a terrible job. I could buy his Adam as a business rival to Victoria and Nick, but now there is so much baggage, I have to wonder how the writers think they can keep this character viable.

• Members

For me, it is. I've liked Adam up to the beginning of the Ashley storyline, and that was basically the last few weeks of Engen and the beginning of Muhney. Muhney does so bad in the portrayal and sometimes it seems like he came here to make fun of some of the dramatic stuff.

Maybe I could buy him as a business rival if I already didn't know the crap he had done to others. The problem is, and always will be, that the writer just change his personality for whatever storyline they come up with next.

Archived