Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 26, 2009

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They had much greater raw talent, but I also wonder how they'd be if they were cast today. The show seems to just fling actors against the wall with no preparation. To give Hayley Erin some of the emotional scenes they have given her was ludicrous.

I hear comments like, "We're supposed to laugh at Abby. It's all in fun!"

Are we really supposed to laugh when she loses the guy who used to be her father before the rewrites, or when she loses her sister, or finds out her parents are divorcing?

• Members

It's sad to see the show so hallow and with nothing below the surface.

I had to miss a few episodes last week, and I don't plan on catching up. Not one damn story is particularly interesting or something that wasn't already done to death on this show in recent years. These characters have all regressed terribly and this stories are so forced, crappily executed, and the day to day writing is particularly inconsistent and bad.

Some of you who wanted me to stop watching this sh!tfest may get your wish soon. It's easy to stop caring about a show you once loved and that was a relatable and consistent staple in your life for years. I'm convinced those running this show have no f.ucking idea what they're doing and their arrogance prevents them from seeing that. Oh well, again, when this show ends with most of the other soaps in a few years, these hacks will be unemployed, where they need to be right now anyway.

Right now, I'm conflicted on whether or not I should still watch. I'll probably continue to watch and bitch about the horrible writing and management of this show, but less. It's so easy for me to miss episodes and not care about missing them these days.

• Members

They would still be good.

Talent is talent.

Y&R wouldn't be watchable for the past few years if it WEREN'T for the the cast talent for making stuff that shouldn't work work.

Not really though.

A young Heather Tom would have knocked those scenes out of the park.

A young Victoria Rowell would have knocked those scenes out of the park.

A young Tricia Cast would have knocked those scenes out of the park.

Many actors have done MUCH more with MUCH less.

Bad acting is bad acting.

Nope.

But that's the actresses fault.

She's not even TRYING to give the character any layers.

• Members

So far I'm not impressed by the actress that plays Daisy.

Why can't Daniel and Amber call Mac or get Kevin to call make to get them out? They can still dance since it will take Mac a while to get there.

Is it possible for JT to come back without his wife?

I can imagine Carl rolling his eyes at the scenes with Billy at Colleen's grave. How many scenes did Billy Miller and Tammin Sursock share before her firing? These two were going to have to share scenes together for their bond to be believable since both are recast.

Will Zapato Jr. meet the same fate as his predecessor?

I hate that Nick the Dick is going to be right about Adam. He'll come to Sharon's rescue. Nick and Victoria are the only people who could get me to like Adam.

Adam has done some bad things, but does Victor really believe that Nick could handle Newman without Neil? It doesn't help that Josh Morrow looks like Arthur books confuse him.

Archived