Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 26, 2009

• Members

Even after that Assley was still running around blaming Estella. Maybe the script writer of that day wasn't up on the Patty framing when that was written and made it to the air. I think Ashley still owes this poor woman an apology and compensation for the damage done to her career and reputation.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chloe is love even if they just buliding her around Billy & Chance. But I don't mind her in thed middle of good & evil. Anyway it was good to see her at work. To bad she got to work side by side Billy. I like that she has some place to go that didn't involved Billy.

• Members

Who wants to see more newbies? I dont think they should create one just so Sharon can have a little friend.

nah I think we are heading for a possible Ashley/Adam/Sharon triangle which will kill any friendship the two might be able to form. I have a feeling that both of these women will be locking lips with him in the near future

which is even worse bc NO ONE has apologized to Estella. She got fired and was treated terrible by Victor and Ashley and neither has even mentioned her. There hasnt been any follow up and thats a damn shame

• Members

LOL. So true....

I totally agree. I fear, however, that we'll never see Rafe or Estella again. I think they're just wiping that out.

Newbies aren't the sign of the beast, LOL. Properly integrated, slowly, with ties to existing characters, and slowly built into story...newbies are the sustainable lifeblood of a show's future.

It's not newbies that are bad...it is how they are integrated. But Sharon's grief group would be a terrific, organic way for her to make a friend that is sloooooooooowly built into story, and eventually becomes more than a friend.

Sigh. I disagree that most of the characters are like strangers.

I would have agreed with this statement during the late LML era, but not now. For all the flaws of the show, characters-out-of-character is not what I am perceiving. Nobody is running for senate or ditching the love-of-their-life for some greasy politico.

I think Adam and Sharon are doing just great in the early stages of this chem-test.

• Members

I thought that story made sense for where Nikki was at the time. As much sense as when Nikki went to work for Jabot. Or at least it made more sense to me than Sharon immediately getting over her third dead child so she could hook up with Adam. Or the backstory of Sharon stealing all her life and having blackouts, apparently created only so they could justify a WTD story with three men.

I think that we get caricatures of the characters. The show can say, "Oh, this is typical of them," but it's not really there underneath.

• Members

Estella's vindication is definitely a missing beat in this story. I wonder if it's because her job couldn't credibly be restored with Ashley living at the ranch now? Whatever the reason it's disappointing to me. Victor and Ashley both owe her an apology.

• Members

Totally.

But at this point, I'm irritated enough about the whole Rafe and Estella non-storylines, I'd just as willingly forget them.

I think if I want to see integrated storytelling, involving gay men, hispanic/latino people, and African American participants, I can just watch OLTL, right?

Archived