Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 26, 2009

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching again on Soapnet as I finish up some work.

How nice--how very nice!--to see Col. Douglas Austin again. And to see that duel referenced.

Obviously, some of the older stylistic conventions (how darkly lit Kay's parlor was; how the camera jumped to an extreme closeup on Victor's face when Douglas said the word "duel") were also nice to behold.

It is a shame, with these flashbacks, that they couldn't have woven in just a bit of Heather Tom.

• Members

Mark, you said it more eloquently than I could, but I agree with you about the flashbacks. I thought there were a lot of great choices. I didn't remember that poker/papers scene. That was very well shot.

I would love to see more of those old stories. Seeing Douglas again was very touching.

Michael was really hot in that dungeon clip.

I smiled when Victor said "my boy". For years it seemed like he said that all the time. I guess he doesn't anymore.

The clips of Hope, and of baby Adam, very sad. The mistakes started as soon as they killed her off.

• Members

Oh, honey, your'e tellin me! I'm still cleaning the stains off my couch! I certainly never expected to see Rick Daros of all people. He's be a nice one to bring back for a revenge SL.

It was like some sort of horror movie! Let's see... I think I was 16 when they did that scene, and you know how teenagers can sometimes get freaked out by old people.. like when they take their dentures out and stuff. It was a brave move for Jeanne to make.

• Members

Yes... oh how I LOVE Conboy's production style. I'd like to kick old cock Rauch to the curb and bring Conboy back to duplicate his magic. And I realized my previous post may have come off wrong... I didn't mean that Jeanne's face was like some horror movie... I meant the "act" itself of her taking that appratus off in front of Liz. That was one hell of a reveal.

• Members

I'm glad there has been mention of Glo and Jeff's part in the Patty story.They were indirectly responsible for Colleen's death.By taking Patty to the cabin,she crossed paths with MJ and that led to her demise.

But of course we're supposed to chuckle along at their shenanigans...

• Administrator

Same here. Those three are definitely in my top 5 Y&R scenes.

I still haven't seen that scene so if anyone knows the youtube link, please send it my way. :)

That's true, but they didn't gloss over it and I'm glad they didn't. I loved the scene where he tells Nikki if anyone, including his family, ever crosses him, they will pay. That is The Great Victor Newman! LOL

In the flashback of when Victor tells Nicholas that he's a sniveling snot, what did Nicholas do?

Was that Brad in the dungeon?

Word. This is why I'm always a history fan and I just don't understand those who hate history.

Loved hearing those dark pieces and I always have a huge smile whenever they have "Victor's theme" playing in any flashback.

• Members

I had to chime in - glad that so many people are enjoying the show today, don't know why but it just feels good cause I've been immensely enjoying the action. The classic Victor scenes were wonderfully interwoven. The fact that Faith is Victor's granddaughter, not daughter makes the whole thing more interesting. They've really struck gold with Victor and Nikki - they've still got it. I love this show. It feels like home to me. It's definitely hasty, as EB pointed out, but so swooping!!!

I like them making Billy the black sheep and going against the grain. Nick vs. Billy REALLY works. Don't know why but these two seem like perfect rivals. Nick's so frat boy and Billy's so....dirty and funny. It just inexplicably works! What a perfect rivalry!

Ashley is so scorned and decadent - LOVE Ashley. Oh Y&R is doing everything right and I don't have to be sad cause Braeden's coming back!

Win for all!

Archived