OLTL: Discussion for the week October 26

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL has the best music of all the soaps, I think. AMC has used one good song in three years - and I can't even remember what it was (Angie and Jesse's theme song from the commercials and the train sequence). GH needs to get over Rie Sinclair.

I loved the candle motif today.

• Members

I loved today's show. I loved the premise of each character getting lost in their thoughts. It was a great way of showing each characters true feelings and vulnerability. It added a real level of intimacy for me that I don't think I would have gotten had each one just told another character how the felt. Kyle and Fish broke my heart as did Layla and Cristian. I hope these pairings eventually get more screen time because they exude romance as do Gigi and Sky, who have always been hot, IMO, and seeing them inch closer and closer is right on target for me.

I'm also surprised at how effective Starr/Langston/Cole/Markko were. The girls never got preachy and they always brought the point back to standing up for Dorian and what they believe in. Those scenes could have easily turned into an after-school special but they didn't for me.

The ending was also well done. I'm not a fan usually of soaps turning into MTV but this was very well done, probably because of the tone of the show today.

Finally, my only problem with today was John. Since when is he clairvoyant. Seriously.

Archived