OLTL: Discussion for the week October 26

• Members

I think OLTL really comes into its own when they focus on the simple drama between couples, families, friends, which really isn't so simple at all. It works much better than focus on camp, or gothic undertones, which is much more difficult to pull off. I know simple drama isn't what you will get with a Frons show but I think OLTL shines with the smaller stuff.

I really like Cris/Layla, much more than I thought I would. I think they're a very believable couple, especially her hesitancy to get involved with her sister's boyfriend.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA Carl. Ron Carlivati really excels at those simple heartfelt moments and I believe that's what makes a show individually different. OLTL is definitely better and much more well defined when the characters and the "small moments" as you said are its focus.

• Members
I liked yesterday's show for all the same reasons but thought they could have done without the overabundance of fantasies. It detracted from the emotional resonance that was brilliantly established within the Fish/Kyle and Layla/Cristian dynamic. It amazes me how much characters like Schulyer,Fish, Kyle and Layla can be utilized so impressively where John still continues to stick out like a store thumb.

• Members

And the pimping the characters give to John! He seems tohave bumbled as many cases as solved to my memor but everyone it seems, from Vicki to Brody on is always saying not, like most people might say "don't worry the police will deal with it" or even "remember your uncle is a good cop he'll egt to the bottom of this" (granted he's in England...) but no it's always "John will work it out"

• Members

We have seen her a few times before.

She was the ticket taker at the Go Red ball who refused to take lip from Gigi when she tried to get in the ball in a blue dress (instead of red) because Stacy had stolen her dress, ticket, and used her name to get in with Rex.

Then we saw her working at the pharmacy that Markko went to when he tried to buy condoms for his and Langston's 'first time.'

Archived