OLTL: Discussion for the week October 26

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The actress is fine, and I liked her with Eddie Alderson. Unfortunately Tea's character is alternately ruined and overly propped - no one else on the show would be painted as a heroine for treating Ross and Danielle (and even Todd) the way she is and manipulating them in this fashion for her own controlling ends, but somehow we're to believe that Blair and Ross are the ones really at fault. I'm glad FL seems to act against some of this more cheesy material - she knows Tea is a nut. The character only truly blossoms when the writers accept who she is, an unstable antiheroine who is no better than the people she hates.

• Administrator

Tea is painted as a heroine? Really? How? I don't see it.

That's how I see her now.

Actually, I don't see anyone in the Blair/Todd/Tea/Ross storyline as heroes/heroines/good guy/bad guy. They're all shady (a fun shady) in their own way and I think that's why I enjoy this quad.

I like the actress who plays Dani too....but let's see how she performs in dramatic scenes.

• Members

The good people on the show, like Marty and Viki and Rachel, tell her she is wonderful, or tell Todd that Tea is his soulmate, his ideal, makes him a good man. The endless crying and the decision to keep Danielle locked away from everyone are also, apparently, supposed to show us how noble she is.

• Members

Tea has been the town pariah since she came back. She's been one of the most hated character on the show in the past year. She has alot of enemies and people who have no use for her. Id hardly call her a heroine. She's a b-tch and the show makes no mistake of painting her as anything but as thats how most people view her. She's a softie on the inside but only lets a few who are close to her see that side. Most often she takes on a persona as cuthroat lawyer with little morals

I hope they do bc she and the actress are terrible

• Members
Along with Fumero and Lawson with guest appearances from Watson.

There is something off with this stalker story and I can't put my finger on it.

Right off the bat Danielle and Matthew are more authentic than Destiny and Matthew. Why is that? I love the Evans's family but I've noticed that they are substantially manufactured.

• Members

Aside from people who have always had baggage with her and are currently being written as unsympathetic (like Nora and Blair), I'm not sure if anyone in town really hates Tea. Carlotta got over her problems with Tea. So did Marty. Most of the others, no matter what she does to them, like Rachel or Starr, always end up loving her again.

• Members

You can add Tuc Watkins name to that list for me too.

ITA about the Evans family. I love them but if the writers continue to use them only to prop up other story lines then they will never be integrated into the show. Shawn props up Rachel and Greg, who IMO are a secondary couple. Destiny props up Matthew, etc... They need to make the parents take center stage here for a little bit. One, their better actors then there kids, 2 it might help endear us to the other three. I say have the parents paths cross with Viki and Charlie's. I think they would make a great fab four.

Archived