The Suds Report: Oct. 23, 2009

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to be so crazy into opening credits (WoST, anyone?), but I'm starting to appreciate strong, simple, iconic opening credits more and more. If we didn't have stupid scrunch credits, the perfect answer would be what GL did during its HOTL days... just have simple DOOL, or original AMC/OLTL-type opening credits, and run shots of the full cast under the closing credits, say once a week. That way, even Rauch's blink and you missed it HOTL opening credits would have been bearable.

• Members

Exactly, I don't think it's Susan Lucci either.

Actually, I think it could be one of several vets including Susan Flannery, Elieen Fulton or maybe Jeanne Cooper. Also, it doesn't say whether the vet is male or female. I just don't think Lucci would go off contract after taking a pay cut and agreeing to staying with the show while it moves production to LA. I think if she was going to go off contract, she would have done it after the 40th Anniversary. I think she knows ABC would screw her over if she decided to go recurring.

• Members

JFP is obsessed with hair. I can't remember who posted it, but in another thread, it was mentioned that JFP will not have two actresses with the same hair style in one scene. Like if Liz has a pony tail, Rebecca has to have her hair straight and down.

• Members

I guess no male can have hair shorter than her bootleg Linda Dano 'do, but doesn't the Austrlian guy have longish hair? I really hate it when men with long hair do that thing where they shake the hair out of their face, Jonathan Jackson and the little kid who plays Shane on OLTL used to always do that.

• Members

I think soap guys often look better with short hair. I always thought Chris Douglas just looked silly with the long flowing brown hair (I think Nathan Fillion and the others used to make fun of him). James Scott's hair looked horrible when he didn't keep it very short. And Tom Pelphrey looks so greasy when his hair isn't short. Thorsten Kaye's Brown Penny hair was kind of hilarious.

The only soap guy I liked with longer hair was Jason Webb on OLTL.

• Members

The more I look at old clips of Jason, the more I think about what he could have been had he stayed around and how that would have affected the character of RH's Todd. Todd seemed to inherit some of Jason's qualities, the long-haired, trashy (no offense Jason!), bad boy, (with a scar!). Obviously two very different people, but I see a similarity. A similar case (imo at least) is when they dropped dark-haired, flat-ironed Justin Klosky over at GL and brought on Pelphrey, it's not like the characters are interchangeable by any means, but I think sometimes there's a certain aesthetic TPTB are going for and they'll try to make it work one way or another. I don't know if I'm making sense, but it's just something I've sensed as a viewer.

Archived