The Suds Report: Oct. 23, 2009

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joey with those horse teeth. Yikes.

I haven't seen a lot of Jason but what I did see, he reminded me of the guy who rebels but is a good person underneath. He was always trying to help Lee Ann, or help Marty, or help Dorian. He had a lot of chemistry with Dorian and with Marty.

I wonder if they would have put him with Marty (did the actor want to leave)? That would have made more sense than boring, waste of space Dylan.

• Members

It was actually the Dobsons' doing. At the time, I remember them saying in interviews that Kelly had been married/divorced 4 times and they wanted it to show more in the face. That was clear because Garland was beautiful and Davidson was.........weathered, to say the least. I know they didn't use Garland very much before recasting her. It was a shame because Carrington had developed into a more than capable actress and she just gelled in the role of Kelly. It's an unpopular opinion, but I actually preferred her to Robin Wright.

Basically. She certainly never "sizzled" in any way, shape, or form with Stephen Nichols. As for Connor McCabe (Grant's character), he was a smarmy, cocky detective/policeman. He was evidentally a ladies man and viewed Kelly as a challenge. I also remember him having a large dog. He was only on the air in the last year or so that I remember. He was okay, but they paired him with Davidson and to me ED's Kelly was poison to any character she interacted with.

• Members

Carrington Garland and Robin Mattson and Marcy Walker are the three who got me into SB. I was transfixed by Carrington's beauty and her innocence, there was something so fresh about her at the time. I was still in school at the time and soon lost time for SB but I still have some memories of her. I'm sorry she didn't have more success after SB.

Eileen Davidson is a very strong presence and I still think her work as Kristen and the Banks siblings is one of a kind, but I've never really bought her in any romantic setting, or as a heroine. I thought Brenda Doumani fit that side of Ashley more.

• Members

Yeah, Joey had some choppers. I didn't watch GL much during that era, but I remember John Conboy touting him in SOD, saying they were bringing on a "wrong side of the tracks" "latin boy" (and then didn't Lainie Kazan end up playing his mom?? :wacko: ). Wasn't he one of the baseball players in the infamous million dollar baseball diamond set? Klosky auditioned for American Idol a few years back, I don't think he made it to Hollywood.

According to Robin Strasser in an interview that's online, yes, Mark BrettI'mprobablybutcheringhislastnameschneider, Jason, left on his own accord. He wasn't happy with the state of soaps, he went back to school, and at the time of the interview, he was trying to get back on one. This is all from Mari Lyn Henry's interview she did with Robin when she was leaving the last time.

• Members

Oh wow, I forgot about Dylan Moody, he had a paralysis s/l long before Matthew. Could Dylan walk again by the time he left? I have an episode with him on tape when Tad crossed over to do "The Cutting Edge" with Rachel, Nora, and Hank.

• Members

It's too bad he left, I really think he could have been a big part of the show for a long time if he'd stayed. He had ties to a lot of characters. Unless he has drastically changed I'm not sure why no soap hired him back. I was watching the scenes where he felt a lump in Dorian's breast and he was great.

Dylan did have a paralysis story. The whole thing was extremely dull, just used to keep Marty married to him. And of course when he began to feel movement again he faked paralysis, to keep Marty. When she learned the truth, they split for good, and a few months later, he left town.

I had forgotten Lainie was on GL. I love Lainie but what a horrible mess made of GL.

• Members

I always wondered why they made that stupid move. Thanks for the info. I agree, I also preferred Carrington over Robin Wright's Kelly. She looked a lot like Eden and she did seem to gel with everyone. I just loved when the paired her Kelly with Craig Hunt. I can still see their sex scene set the the Wilson song Hold On. LOL Loved that scene. I remember how long I waited for that! :D

Archived