Could Victor Newman go to B&B?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I think it would be a great idea. Victor can come to LA to help Eric get Forrester Creations back from Brad, er, I mean Bill Jr. Sure it would be a little weird with "Brad" and "Victoria" there. I would love to see Victor back in business mode.

• Members

With the way he's being written off Y&R and given the character's health condition, I don't think it's plausible for him to crossover, especially with the Newman family believing that he's seeking medical treatment outside of the country.

Could B&B afford him? I highly doubt Braeden would settle for recurring.

B&B already has a huge cast and many people they do not write for. With Sarah Brown's new character surely eating up airtime soon for a new character soon, they might not have room for anymore new additions.

Unless, a whole new character is created for Braeden to play, which would be the most realistic of options, IMO.

• Members

Oh, I basically hope not. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Brad gave him an Eileen-Davidson-holding deal. But it would be a mistake I think (though I'd love to see him shake up the canvas--be hired by Stephanie to rescue Forrester from Dollar Bill).

Again, I know it won't happen, but if this show expanded to one hour...

• Members

I think he would work in a short-term guest role. I would love to see Stephanie and Victor betray each other. I would also like to see them skip the romance with Victor and anyone.

And I can see him trying to help broken woman Taylor. He could whisk her away to some clinic, never to be seen again.

• Members

Possible? Yes. Probable? No. There isn't a soap - Y&R included apparently, that will now pay Braeden's rate. I'm dying to see who caves in first. I predict they'll give us Dru before they give us EB to see how the show fares without him. Unfortunately, DOOL Dee and drake set a dangerous precedent of success without stars.

• Members

Well, except I don't think anyone misses Dee and Drake, do they?

As long as the Newmans are front burner, Victor's imprint will loom large over the show. In the end, that will create a constant context for missing him.

I wish the Bells could buy their 51% back.

• Members

I don't really know DOOL, but I seem to remember that all the talk of Dee and Drake leaving thus killing the show, was the same talk now. I don't think Sony knows the difference and i don't think they even care really. They know two big stars left DOOL and they got a bump. So one big star leaves Y&R should be just fine..

• Members

B&B has been a lot better at balancing out the cast this year. There are really only four people without story:

Winsor Harmon (shamefully neglected)

Lesli Kay (has another job)

Kyle Lowder (I assume he's on some kind of 'paternity leave')

Drew Tyler Bell (horrible actor and character)

• Members

I think Susan Flannery should finally be allowed to retire and Eric Braeden can take her place on B&B. In fact, I think he can do for this show what Kimberlin Brown did in 1992, bring new viewers, ensuring that it really is the last soap standing somewhere around 2013.

I loved the cross over they did years ago with Jack and Victor coming to woo Brooke for a potential product crossover. It worked so well chemistry wise with the actors, unfortunately the writers forgot about it once everyone returned to their shows, and treated it like the deflated balloon of yesterday's news.

Victor was truly the only man who made Ridge jealous. I remember like it was yesterday when he embarrassed his wife at the Cafe Rich to go over and perform a public intervention on Brooke who was in no danger from Victor. It was so funny how Taylor was mad at Ridge for two seconds but had to get pregnant that night like she had just gotten confirmation from her OBGYN that the embryo implantation worked and it had to be that night. Feet propped on the pillows and all. That cross over was Golden but a wasted opportunity.

I have always thought that Brad should have been brought over as Brad, but since that ship has sailed who cares. Eric has great chemistry with Heather and Don and that relationship could be golden too. I can just see Victor being considered to be the lesser of two Evils according to the Forresters and wind up with them laying in bed with the real Devil of them All, Victor [!@#$%^&*] Newman.

Archived