Who over-acts the most in Daytime

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She isn't usually BAD, but when Susan Seaforth-Hayes was getting a lot of screentime on Days in 2004-05, she was out of control. It was like there was a director standing behind her with a cattle prod whispering, "Louder! Bug your eyes more!"

It looked like she thought she was acting on a stage in front of 20,000 people and had to emote for the people in the very back. Except it was TV.

• Members

Soap opera acting is ABOUT overacting. Having said that, I think there are a lot of sincerely talented, well-trained actors doing some gloriously bad overacting. Those who come to mind are people like David Canary, Liz Hubbard, Kim Zimmer, Tony Geary, Sue Flannery, Christian LeBlanc, Peter Bergman, Jeanne Cooper, Darnell Williams, Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser, and Robin Mattson...the list goes on and on. Take it down a notch, people! For me, truly good acting in daytime has always come from people who have been more subtle and who fly under the radar. For example, Kathleen Widdoes, Robert Newman, Doug Watson, Kathy Hays, Mary Fickett, Ellen Parker, Maeve Kinkead, and Maureen Garrett.

• Members

Ew, Jennifer Gareis.

Kim Zimmer, as much as I sometimes love her, has to be on here too. Her work after Jeffrey's "death" was embarrassing.

FL does that wide-eyed, open mouth stuff every time her character goes through yet another OTT "moment". She's a parody of soap acting. Her horrible acting when Tea was shot was one of the more memorable moments of the KAD fiasco.

Archived