Who over-acts the most in Daytime

• Members

CLB- Admittedly the guy is good but overrated. He tends to over-act especially where it is least effective and the writers seem to find it funny it gets annoying from time to time. I wish somebody would call him on it

Ali Sweeney - I like Ali and I can tell many times over no matter how ridiculous the story was she was trying to give it her best vision of the character but overrated imo (A for effort, C for actual grade). Plus her more mellow/moderate better scenes are all about her who is her scene partner at the time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you know, I sort of love him for taking the pig by the curly-wurlies and embracing the Full Ham. You go with your bad self, Terrell. Sometimes you need to appreciate a performance like this for its entertainment value alone. It balances out all the other actors who whisper their lines earnestly and think they are reinventing the wheel. OLTL understands this well enough.

• Members

I think all three are good actors, but Judith Chapman, Christian LeBlanc, and Anthony Geary just own this thread.

With those three, there is so much mugging, shrieking, and LOOK AT MEEEEEE! IM. ACTING. HERE. RIGHT. NOW!!!!! stuff going that I can barely handle it. They turn everything into an 'Emmy' performance.

• Members

But is it really possible to overact on a soap? The more OTT and hammy the performance, the more they should cue the organ music. I love a good overactor. Louis Edmonds (Dark Shadows and AMC) was the biggest ham ever on soaps and recited every line like he was doing a one man show of Hamlet, but I loved him and loved to watch Langley and Phoebe.

Thaao Penghlis, Susan Lucci...where would soaps be without a good ham?

Archived