Who over-acts the most in Daytime

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was last charming the first time he left. When he returned he got stale so fast. Now he is just annoying as hell on the show. I do hear he is a nice guy in person. But I just cant stand his acting and his character anymore. One reason I dont watch AMC anymore.

I havent noticed his butt. But I think his chest is somewhat blah...not anything special....one poster use to call him chicken body..lol...

• Members

It almost pains me to say this, but my beloved Robin Strasser has been slicing the ham rather thick the past few years. Compared to her work when she first came back in the early/mid-'90s to now, I can see why some of the younger, newer fans can't stand Dorian. Of course the writing does her no favors, turning Dorian into a caricature of herself is just criminal. And in so many words, RS has said that she felt she wasn't giving it her all a few months back, and now I think she's giving it a *smidge* too much. She's a wonderful actress, she needs to trust herself more, dial it back a little.

I have to give BW props given the sheer number of screaming/crying/falling to pieces scenes she's had to play, but she way over does it with this annoying thing, a little actor "trick", where she makes this catchiing her breath sound when she's crying. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

On AMC, Vasi underacts. I'd be critical of CM, but I tune him out.

Generally speaking, I am turned off by any actor who gives me the distinct impression that they are trying to look like a good, cool actor instead of focusing on playing the scene. And boy what a laundry list that would be...

• Members

Robin does overact sometimes, but I can't quite blame her. Most of her material is poor and prone to bad stereotyping. The scenes where she got drunk and popped pills and had a little meltdown, followed by her daughter shoving her in the pool, possibly to drown -- some of the worst of the year. When she gets restrained material, like her brief affair with A Martinez, she pulls it off.

Bree Williamson, I really can't stand her when she has to get emotional. The only time it worked for me was the resolution of the baby switch story.

Archived