GH: Media Net Pics of JJ as Lucky

• Members

JaneAusten, ITA. I will never understand why being able to act is only a big deal when it comes to GV. MB, BA, TC and SBu are bad actors and yet they get tons of story and airtime. Limited acting ability does not justify GV's Lucky not getting decent stories and the character being treated like a punching bag by Guza and Geary. Look at Rick Hearst, he3 was better than all of them and Rick was treated like a joke. Jason Thompson who is a stronger actor or at least tries harder than those four barely gets any story. It is the female actresses on GH who are its strengths and except for Carly and the pet of the moment, Olivia, the rest of them get shoved aside.

When TC came back, people predicted all sorts of great things for Nikolas. Nikolas is now played by a bloated actor who looks bored most of the time. I think that it will be different with JJ, but we'll see. Also, there is another photo that shows Luke from behind grinning at Lucky and Liz in that scenes. Geary is such a sh!t head. He has been treating GV's Lucky like dirt and with disdain for years. Now that JJ is back Geary is all smiles. I bet that Geary is full of energy in their scenes.

I would have to see a better picture of BH to make a judgment on if she got work on her eyes. She did go on vacation recently so that is possible.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe it's just the scene that picture is taken from, but it seems kinda "forced" to me. I don't see anything really shocking or leaping out at me in their chemistry, but it's just a picture so it's hard to tell.

Just out of curiosity, has RH said anything about all of this? How odd it must be for her to have JJ back after all these years. From what I got, she loved working with GV as well, so she must feel something about losing him as an acting partner.

• Members

nope, but its pretty well knowen shes always preferred JJ. it depends on how you take things tho. the becky haters twist what she says and the becky lovers twist it the other way. lol.

and i agree, it does look forced in that picture. but at the same time liz is only with lucky out of... idk why. not love. she wants Nikolas.

• Members

Wasn't there some instance where RH said at a fan event, while another Lucky was there with her, that JJ was her favorite Lucky? Or did that not happen?

I'm going to be so nauseous if they have Luke being chummy with "Cowboy". Those days are gone. He made it clear that he sees Lucky as a failure of a man, and that he was unhappy during Lucky's childhood, so unhappy and repressed that he went around having casual flings.

That can't just be taken back. So unless they are going to have Lucky quit the force, disown Cameron and Jake, and start nailing random women or frequenting whorehouses, Luke should not want anything to do with Lucky.

• Members

^Wait you don't subscribe to the idea that everything that's happened with Lucky is negated because JJ's Lucky wouldn't do that? :rolleyes: How many times over the last few years have we heard "If JJ was in the part then this that or the other wouldn't have happened..." and now he's back and Lucky is was, and always be a recovering addict, cop, who cheated on Liz. It' going to be fun watching the fans wank this one to make JJ the savior so many have set him up to be for Lucky.

• Members

The funny part for me is that when JJ left, Lucky rarely spoke to Luke, and he was working for the mob. Yet I doubt this is what most fans would want for Lucky. It seems like people remember JJ more for all that Luke imitation and deification stuff than what he was like in his last year on the show. TG probably does too.

• Members

JJ said that he was back to work with TG so he also probably does not remember Lucky and Luke's estrangement.

I do think that over the years that there were a lot of things that Guza had Lucky do that he would have never let Lucky do if JJ was in the role. Lucky would have been one of the top male leads. He would have never become a cop. Like Jason, Sonny, and Nikolas, he would be stealing other men's women, not the other way around. Lucky would have never been stuck raising other men's children. He would have his own biological children and will probably finally have one with JJ in the role. I bet Guza is gritting his teeth about how to undo a lot of the damage that he has done to Lucky over the years. He will ignore a lot of the worse stuff and simply move the character in the direction that he wants.

• Members

I think JJ probably would have more memories of working with TG than not, since he did work with him most of the time (I noticed at the time that his acting markedly improved once he stopped doing a cheap Tony Geary imitation), but I would be surprised if he's returning for any reason other than money. He didn't return for 10 years even with Tony still there.

I'm sure Guza will undo what he can. I hope they have the guts to have Lucky remove himself from being a father to Cameron and Jake. Let Jason have Jake, and Cameron can go live with Spencer and raise himself. Let's see Lucky become the big swaggering jerk TG and Guza want him to be. That's fine by me. Vaughan's Lucky is the only Lucky I ever really liked anyway.

• Members

^^ Lucky brainwashed all these years? I can see that possibility.

Oh, I definitely agree that JJ is back for the money. I do think that TG sees his return as a way to get back into the spotlight on GH. Luke has been sidelined for years. Ethan got TG a story that gave him airtime, but in his mind I can see him thinking that JJ is the jackpot. The spoilers had Luke as a peacemaker once Nik and Liz's affair is revealed, now I can see Luke unreservedly as having Cowboy's back against Nikolas.

I don't know if Lucky will remove himself as Cameron and Jake's father, but we will definitely see less of those father/son bonding scenes with those kids. Guza's Lucky was a troublemaker into danger and adventure. We will see that guy return and the "boring incompetent" cop disappear. Given that Jason's excuse for dumping his son and Liz is that his life is in danger from the mob, I don't see how Lucky can rejoin the mob and raise Jake. This might keep Lucky out of the mob. I certainly hope so. I also want to see how Guza fixes Jason and Lucky's relationship. They use to be tight when JJ was in the role. There is no going back from Liz's affair with Jason and Jake. Is Guza going to sweep it all under the rug and make Lucky Jason's partner in crime or will he reluctantly keep them apart. GH is going to be fun from October 27th onwards, for a while anyway.

• Members

You're right, we won't get the bonding scenes now. He will ignore the children and then we will hear other characters say what a great father he is. The same garbage they do with Sonny; even Alexis has to prop him.

The issues that Guza has with parents and children are really offputting and have done huge damage to GH.

• Members

So Guza is estranging Lucky and Luke again. You that Lucky will explode with "betrayal" when Luke does not tell him about the Puffy Prince and Liz. I approve. Who are the popular characters about whom JFP speaks? LOL!

JFP on JJ's return:

Three-time Emmy Award-winning actor Jonathan Jackson is returning to General Hospital to reprise the role he created as a teenager — Lucky Spencer, son of legendary soap super-couple Luke and Laura. In his storyline, Lucky wants his former wife, Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst), to remarry him. But he doesn't know that Elizabeth has strong feelings for her former brother-in-law (and Lucky's brother), Nikolas Cassadine. When Luke (Anthony Geary) finds out what's going on between Elizabeth and Nikolas, he must decide whether to tell Lucky the truth.

"We are very excited to welcome Jonathan back to Port Charles," says executive producer Jill Farren Phelps. "His return will be sure to captivate the audience and be pivotal to this ongoing love story between some of the show's most popular characters."

Jackson can be seen back on GH starting on Oct. 27.

http://www.channelgu...neral-hospital/

Archived