Possible Y&R Spoiler

• Members

:lol::lol: Seriously though, you speak the truth. I find foster/adoption stories to be among the most touching, but soaps so rarely do them. It's really strange when you think about it. I wonder if they've done focus groups that suggest the audience doesn't like these types of stories? Notice you pretty much don't see characters give up an onscreen baby for adoption and yet even abortion has been done on most soaps.

You can count the number of characters who have adopted a child on soaps on one hand. I mean, adoption of an unknown child, not of a spouse or family member. Add to that when a character's adopted child comes back to find their bio parents the child either was raised by terrible people or the adopted family is dead. I just don't get the bias against adoption.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe Traci can rescue an an abused child from his/her abusive parent/parents. They can do both the child abuse social issue, involve social services, and the ultimate adoption story with that...

But with this current writing regime, they'd refuse to do any research, and so many facts will be wrong and the story will probably turn out to be offensive.

• Members

Well, I know soaps take licenses with medical procedures...but the fact that TGVN was never on a ventilator, and was rolled into some kind of generic room (as opposed to a CICU) with no security (how many psychos have attacked this family over the years??)...well...I don't think we're supposed to take this as realistic.

• Members

This is the stupidest goddamn thing...I like Stacy Haiduk too, she played this role for all it's worth. Sometimes actors come on, do a good job, and LEAVE. It's not always necessary to jump through hoops to keep them.

And Y&R's had enough look-a-likes to last 20 years.

God, this show has gone full retard.

• Members

NO. That's what started this crap, soaps copying other soaps in an attempt to duplicate their success. And Days isn't so good that it needs imitators (in fact I think it's crap but I think all soaps are crap right now).

• Members

Do you really think so? I actually am going to give the writer's more credit than that. It might make a tiny bit of sense if crazy Patty wanted to look like her shrink, but why would a sane Patty have changed her face? Gah! I feel a migraine coming on...

Archived