Possible Y&R Spoiler

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's dead--or at least in a coma.

This is his doppelganger. Or his spirit-infested body. Or something like that.

Seriously, if you go back and read that April response, I was responding to -- admitting a "bad week", or at least a "lackluster" week. I was not accepting -- nay, even resisting -- the idea that it was a pattern.

In the subsequent time, we've had 26 bad weeks, give or take. And all indications are for ANOTHER 26 bad weeks.

52 bad weeks = failure (on a soap).

I miss that Mark, to tell you the truth. He liked his show, he looked forward to seeing it every night, and he believed it could continue to get better.

This Mark now, also, feels MAB has completely and totally lost her way. He cannot believe she is greenlighting the sixth doppelganger in a couple of years, when she herself bears responsibility for bringing/reviving three of them to the screen (Marge, Alistair, Haiduk). This Mark would totally co-sign that thread from April.

Is this somehow better? For me, it's sad and it is angering. I'm not happy to be another voice in the chorus.

• Members

A lesson has to be learned from the April post: you have now prolonged the dreck because you wanted to give it a chance. So once you spot a dreck, call people out on it. When Y&R goes out, you will be guilty too. Because you've condoned the killing regime.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Members

I hate it when people try to blame the fans. Obviously, there are not listening to the many complaints they've been getting for months. I see nothing wrong with people giving the show a chance after a few bad weeks. Many of us were still enjoying the show in March/April. When things got worse we said so, but I bare absolutely no responsibility for anything that MAB does and neither does anyone else on this board.

• Members

Fans are equally guilty as the execs, writers etc. Fans push shows over the edge with fanbases, condoning of sh!tty regimes 'cause hey, we might give them a chance. Everyone is forgetting the fans, whose judgement is often very dubious.

• Members

Because you haven't showed resolve, you were all wishy-washy, OK, a bad week, blah, blah, give it a chance.

Yes, you do. You enjoyed the sh!t and sh!t hit you in the face. Karma. People tried to warn you, you didn't listen. Look where we're now.

• Members

You speak as if you know me or what I will or won't do, which you clearly don't. Your just talking aggressive nonsense for no reason, except boredom. Feel free, but if you think I take you seriously, again, you aren't very preceptive when it comes to my "attitude" or thought process.

• Members

I USED to think the fans are the cause of alot of problems... but seeing how the complaints have yielded NO fruit, I don't believe that anymore. And how big of a fanbase did Likey have? And how much story have they gotten? I don't understand WHY when soaps get cancelled, other soaps don't gain... THAT is one thing that has always eluded me, it makes no sense to me that one going brings the rest down. One thing that may save soaps is if replacement progams tank, and in a big way... I'm talking pulling a .4 or soemthing. But that will remain to be seen. But NBC's primetime problem are interesting. I thought this Leno thing wouldn't work, and I was right. Viewers cna tell when a netwrok is trying to cheap out. IMO, ABC is the only network with a good primetime lineup, CBS DOES get rating s with all thier blood and guts shows, but a certain segment (like me) will never wqatch such disgusting fare. NBC just doesn't have anyhting that EVER intersts me... I do't watch ONE show on NBC.

Archived