Possible Y&R Spoiler

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As charming as it is to watch you once again assume the role of effeminate English boarding school martinet, complete with whipping cane to flog the disobedient underclassmen for not feeling the same as you do about [!@#$%^&*] soap operas, this (and all other) thread(s) aren't really the place for it, Sylph. Go play "Lords of Discipline" somewhere else, General Patton.

• Members

I wouldn't count on that. It could just as easily go the way of the variety show. If you think about it, the game show is really the only Phoenix that has risen from the ashes. And even with them, they didn't COMPLETELY die. They might need to go to other outlets, or the lesser networks. Look how science fiction never hardly worked on the big three networks, but in other outlets... especially the big screen, they THRIVE. I don't see why a network like FOX wouldn't want to dip their feet in. I mean, soaps DO have a built in viewership. I'd like to know how low a soap has to go before it actually breaks even for the network. I bet even Guiding Light wasn't LOSING money for CBS.

• Members

Here I am.

I still stand by what I said back in 2008. I liked Maria Arena Bell's writing at the time. People were banging their bongo drums, whining about how boring she was, but I thought Y&R had dramatically improved from LML's Out of Our Asses non-soap. I enjoyed seeing Chris Engen's Pipsqueak go up against NikToria. I even liked Sabrina and the ma petite chérie talk between her and Victor was hilarious. I enjoyed seeing Kay and Jill get dusted off from the broom cupboard in which LML had banished them and brought out to play. I'm not going to apologize for that.

Even a few months ago, it's true, I thought the regime was setting up some interesting new SLs. Phyllis trashing Sharon's hotel room, Stacy Haiduk first appearing on the scene... Even the gaslighting of Ashley started like a slow-build ghost story. Not gonna lie. Unfortunately, what started off promisingly lacked hugely in execution. It became abundantly clear that MAB sketches out a few plots -- or beginnings of a plot -- and leaves her minions to fill in the details and "we'll see what happens." There was no real or conclusive end to her stories during this past cycle. Just a bunch of depressing and misogynistic SLs padded out over 26 weeks. Even Stevie Wonder could see that.

I'm not sure what this thread has devolved into, but it reminds me horribly of last spring when posters of both sides started personally attacking others in an effort to hound them off the board. Like Sylph... why do you tear into people with no warning? I used to enjoy posting with you so much but sometimes it seems you are spoiling for a fight with anybody over anything.

I don't know what else to say to you guys who keep posting and implying that posters like myself who once *liked* Y&R are "the enemy" and, therefore, the scum of the earth (not you, personally Y&RWorldTurner, as you've always been pretty fair with me). Back when Y&R started stinking, I gave it up to you guys and posted as much. You were right. You told me so. Y&R had turned into something really unwatchable. How many times can I keep repeating this? You were right about Y&R! Honestly, it seems like people don't actually care about the show, they just want to bitch-slap others... all because back in March '09, they disagreed over MAB's contribution to Y&R! C'mon!

• Members

I was that one coming. I don't "tear into" and especially not "without warning". I wasn't attacking only Juliajms. And I actually wasn't attacking. Just saying that fans are guilty and that the awfulness we see now has its roots in not so distant past. If you don't treat a wound early, it becomes septic. Then you're left with amputation.

You all have preconceptions as to who I am, how I'm this awfully annoying feud-starting moron and I have absolutely no intention of trying to dissolve them. Because it's impossible and I'd be just wasting my time. You want to believe I start fights? Fine. :) End of story.

And who called you, or anyone else, "scum of the earth"?

• Members

Even you aren't capable of this type of cognitive dissonance.

Because even you know there is no defense for your sub-junior high behavior, but you think the peons are too stupid to see through your "elegant" wordplay. You're a small time Internet bully who wants to believe they are a creative collaborator just trying to make people see "sense." You are chump change, and you know it, which is why you cannot handle engaging and confronting.

Stop groveling.

Archived