Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 12, 2009

• Members

Childbirth doesn't hurt. It is like how women never find out they are pregnant because they miss their periods. They always find out when they start passing out.

I think Ashley might be lactating, other mammals who have hysterical pregnancies do. But women don't breast feed on soaps anyways.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You've hit on the most outlandish thing of all. Forget the endless doubles, the ghosts and the parade of psychos. :lol: When you give birth, you sure as hell know it. There is no way Ashley would think she had a baby when she didn't. Not unless she were in a 3 month coma.

• Members

Maybe Ashley does feel like she's given birth.

So Patty stole her psychiatrists face. I have to love how you build the face, the body follows suit. Just look how Sheila went from tall and large boned to tall and lanky to match her new face. If they are on this route they might as well make it a two for one and throw in Sugar wearing Kimberlin Brown's face. I'd like to see her back on Daytime.

• Members

Yeah, I have been feeling that too. But don't you think it somehow needs to be addressed?

Of course, if past is prologue, when it is ALL OVER, someone will say "But how could Ashley never realize she didn't give birth?" And Kay will say "Quietly, she saw the signs, but she could not acknowledge them to herself." And that will be the end of it. Period.

• Members

I'm sure you're right. There's no doubt denial is a powerful thing, but they are really asking us to believe the impossible here. At this point they ask us to suspend disbelief in a major way on an almost daily basis, so I'm sure this seems like small potatoes. They don't realize how nit picky the female audience is on these types of issues.

• Members

I like that Noah agreed to come and live with Sharon. Why they don't do more with Schmidt, I'll never know. He's talented and cute as a button.

The MJ/Patty spoiler is no longer a spoiler. <SIGH>

The best thing about today that it was a lighter episode. Lauren looked fab. I love seeing her.

Again, as I believe Mark stated a few pages back, today (for me) DEFINITELY had the feel of a "new" 26-week story cycle starting with Nick/Phyllis declaring to be together, Sharon finding a new place to live, etc.

• Members

The Patty Jane Doppleganger reveal wasn't as bad as I expected. I'm still HATING IT with a passion. But Haiduk is good enough that I didn't completely FREAK. The rest of teh episode was GOOD, the light family time, Leblanc prancing around was refreshing, at least he wasn't playing Major Nelson to Gloria's Jeannie like he usually does. And I ahd to laugh at tne unintended imagery when Leblanc Handed Morrow his balls. Leblanc had a certain smirkyness in that scene... and when he did it, his mannerisms seemd to say, "Here you go, darling!"

Archived