Y&R Episodes Discussion, Week of October 12, 2009

• Members

If Ashley hadn't been so kind to Adam I would want him to hurt her this way, just to show her what a horrible mother and person she is, that she is just a doormat for Victor. Since she was kind to him, I really don't want to see him hurt her, even if she was so stupid to trust him. But it's pathetic that they can even spin this as him trying to make her feel better. What bothers me is I think that they may end up having her go along with the idea that he was actually trying to help her. I guess it depends on their future plans for Adam. Originally I think they wanted to have him as the pyscho to prop the Newmans but since EB may be out for good and Nick and Victoria are so hard to root for they may be trying to salvage Adam.

The spoilers...I will just quote my favorite Kate Bush song. Wow! Unbelievable!!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your idea about how this could have been done is much better. I'll say more about this in Julia's spoiler thread.

Well, SON...instead of me just sputtering while I watch, now I sputter weeks in advance and ruminate over this dreck.

• Members

I thought we were allowed to discuss stuff like this because the reveal is happening on tomorrow's USA show. As long as spoiler tags are used.

I'm dismayed to find out that this show has become Passions. I didn't sign up to watch that show, I signed up to watch a soap that focused on family relationships.

What's next are Gloria, Jill and Katherine going to start stirring a cauldron?

• Members

Bad ABC soaps just reverse all the good history of the show, Y&R has gone full throttle into outlandish land which is what Passions represents.

As for the Cauldron, when I used to do the B&B video parody show Amber, Sally and Stephanie stood around stirring it. Since Amber's on Y&R it isn't much of stretch to put Gloria, Jill and Kay in their place.

• Members

Constant doppelgangers, constant ghostly appearances, dreams that predict the future (Nick's dream about Faith), constant psychos that have absolutely no motivation and were only created for shock value, among other things, leads to one very over the top show that's extremely outlandish. Not even AMC or GH are this way. At least Rebecca on GH didn't follow an endless stream of doppelgangers,

That's partly what makes this so bad, it's one of the many mistakes this writing regime keeps on making. See what I mean when I say they don't learn from any mistakes?

As it stands, there's very little relatable value in any of Y&R's stories, the show is hallow, emotionless, characters have lost their depth, and there sure as hell isn't a lot of common sense or humanity in Genoa City these days. Viewers have had to suspend too much disbelief to watch Y&R this year, and it really shouldn't be this way.

• Members

OK. Wait. Stop the muthafuckin presses. Wait!

I'm watching today's episode now and I can't believe what I'm hearing coming out of Nikki's mouth! Are they actually using Nikki to prop Mary Jane?!?!?

Nikki (to Paul): "Stop that, Paul. It's not your fault. Whatever Patty did, you're not responsible for it. It's horrific. But your sister has a mental illness. Nobody is to blame, including you."

GMAMFB! With this, on top of the spoilers I've seen about Mary Jane in this thread, this is just.....UGH!!!! :mad::mad:

And did anyone else find the "Adam saves Newman's business interest in Asia" completely out of nowhere? Months and months go by with nary a mention of this supposed distributor in Asia and now all of a sudden, they are calling TGVN's home number to work out some deal?!?!? This show is getting more loopy by the minute.

Archived