AMC vs. OLTL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Never! It was always his "TV Host" voice until Thorsten. Then the lame whisper-growl came into effect and it just makes him look sooo pathetic.

Now that you mention it, I agree. She's done nothing innovative and has allowed way too much crap to hit the screen. Not to mention getting rid of the breakdown process to save money. Then again, it's no surprise this woman doesn't have a clue about what makes any kind of decent writing whatsoever.

• Members

Exactly--AMC is still (and I'm a 20 something guy) a soap name many of my friends who never watch soaps recognize--one Life isn't. I love both shows and One Life is clearly the better show RIGHT NOW, but let's not exagerate things--under Dena Higley One Life was one of the worse soaps I have ever seen--that wasn't too far back, if we're going by history--and One Life hasn't exactly had a stellaer last 13 eyars or so (neithe rhas AMC I guess but if we ARE directly comparing I think OLTL has had more rough time in that time than AMC)

• Members

She is AWFUL. I wasn't too thrilled with Burke (was that her name? who she replaced) especially as she brought nothing of what she did on The City to AMC, but she was brillian tin comparison. Carruthers ahs NO vision, look or sense of the show and I think the fact that the writing has been so poor under her despite diff writers should be SOMEWHAT blamed on her. Actually one thing about the move that has me kinda excited are the rumours that Ed Scott is dieing to Exec Produce the show. Sure his stint at Days wasn't great, but he was great at Y&R for years, has beena big AMC supporter for years, and I would kill to have him take over from Carruthers.

• Members

Jean Burke's AMC was more Nixonian than Carruthers's is. Burke seemed to have some kind of grasp on the classic AMC elegance and regalia, with the introductions of characters like Vanessa and Greenlee's parents, and the grand settings, and big weddings. Carruthers's AMC is very Port Charles.

• Members

I agree. But the "problem" with Burke is that she wasn't able to buddy up to Frons the way Julie seems to have done. Again, Julie is a "yes" woman and she'll tell Brian Frons whatever he needs to hear in order for her to keep her job. It's cowardice leadership.

Archived