AMC vs. OLTL

• Members

I agree with R. Sinclair that moving AMC to L.A. isn't going to make the show any worse (or better for that matter). That was never my concern with the move anyway, to me it just seemed like such an outlandish idea, one that I'd never imagined. I can only see the move hurting the show if it has a detrimental effect on actor morale and we end up losing actors like Lucci and Canary who grow weary of traveling back and forth. But I have a feeling that a good number of the actors will be pleased as punch after a few weeks in L.A. It's really not about studio location, AMC's problem isn't the ship, it's the captains.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The move to L.A I don't think will do much damage to the quality of AMC... what little quality may be left I guess depending on who you ask. It appears the threats of losing the "big names" (also depending on who you ask) has been eliminated as alot of the stars seem to be agreeing to commute. That's the only thing that would have done damage. In five years time when AMC is ultimately in the soap history books as a cultural icon of the last 30 years of the 20th century, I think the move will be reflected as just extending the inevitable and not "the thing that killed AMC" as some seem to be suggesting.

• Members

They should settle it "Battle of the Network Stars" style. Everyone who is able and willing competes in various events: obstacle course, relay race, Simon Says, dunk tank, swimming, etc, and all of it ends with a big old Tug o' War. The winning cast gets to stay on the air. The losers are canceled.

And I get to see Mark Lawson in 70s-era hot pants with the long, striped tube socks.

• Members

Yeah, I wasn't even going to touch that one.

If this show is turning into anything, it's turning into GH-Lite. A lot of the storylines are very similar. Twin sister sold off at birth (Emily/Rebecca, Babe/Marissa). Murdering wife of a politician trying to pin a murder on another woman (Alexis/Floyd/Andrea, Randi/Henry/Madison). Don't get me started on the love/hate marriage of Zonny and Karly.

• Members

I'll be a pragmatist since I don't like either show more than the other and state that the show that is less to produce survives longer. Since all indications are that this move will make AMC cheaper to produce, I'll say that OLTL gets canceled first.

Archived