OLTL: Discussion for the week September 28

• Members

So did I but I'm remembering Pamela telling Clint and Bo that her sister was married to a real a**hole who used to beat on Jared and his little brother. Also, if I remember correctly, this guy was the reason Jimmy died. If that guy was involved with Mitch, it's not out of the realm of soapdom for that boy to have been stolen raised by Mitch. I just hope this return doesn't flop like Carlo Hesser's return last year.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the very first time Dorian said it, I've always felt the whole "We're Cramer women" thing was just OLTL biting off of AMC's "I'm Erica Kane" bit. Then AMC went and stole it right back with their "Kane women" deal.

• Members

Liked today's episode. The chemistry between Kyle and Fish is easy and and cute. I hope the show follows through with this storyline and that the press takes notice. Also, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I LOVE Kim. That girl is just to funny.

• Members

Precisely, I'm saying that the first time I heard Dorian's "We're Cramer women" line, it sounded like OLTL's answer to AMC's "I am Erica Kane", these recurring mottos of strength and self-assurance from the divas of the show. Then when Bianca and Kendall came back, Erica started with the "Kane women" thing, and that felt like someone was biting off of OLTL's Cramer women. I dunno, just my thought process/initial reactions as a viewer. But you know, when Erica married Dimitri, Mona had a line as they all looked at each other in the mirror about the "three generations of Kane women" so that seed had been planted pre-Cramers I guess.

• Members

The whole "Cramer Women" thing can get very tired when the characters are badly written, but when they're done well, there's nothing like it. These days Blair and Dorian are the only ones who really embody it with any kind of authenticity. Kelly's been running from the Cramers her whole life, and Adriana seems to be next in line; they both treat the other women with faint contempt.

• Members

Blair is a pathetic excuse of a woman at the moment. She is everything the "Cramer Women" motif is NOT. Pathetic, desperate, shrewish. She isnt the strong, independent, intelligent woman that Dorian always speaks of when she goes on about the family

Archived