Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I will agree with you about Wheeler she did keep people around (hell we saw more of Marj's Alex and MK's Van then we ever saw of Fulton's Lisa on ATWT, and she was on contract) including keeping MOL around and in the story (however lame) when he was off contract and Blake around the whole time. I like that they had Vanessa and Billy come in and out of the story, it made sense, they had settled down in life in their older years and wouldnt be front burning it. PS leaving as Ed was out of Wheeler's control, as it started under Conboy when PS was offered a pay cut on contract or to go to recurring he refused. I believe that she would have kept him in the story if he stayed (and she tried to get him back for whatshisface Roger's son.)

There, I could even find a good thing to say about Wheeler!!!

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hey Y&RWorldTurner, thanks for posting the Zas/Garrett video! I've never seen this one. I find it interesting that they really wanted Roger & Holly back together. I was one who thought their relationship was too toxic for them to be fully back together, and that she might try, but could never stay with him because of the rape. But hearing them talk about what could be explored and how the writers could handle it makes me wish the writers would've gone ahead with it. Oh the missed opportunities!

• Members

An evil organization wanted to kill Kyle Sampson. Billy, his recent half-brother, hated him, and the organization took advantage of this by hypnotizing him into more and more of a rage towards Kyle. The climax was supposed to be at Mindy and Kurt's wedding. The music video Infinity made for Lujack and something about a ring Billy wore would make Billy open fire at the wedding. Billy shot the Infinity guy instead. Kyle's baby mama, Maeve, took a bullet in the melee.

• Members

I think she was very good as Margo in those first few years, with toughness as well as humor. After that, not so much.

I also think she sort of fits the profile of Maureen, and I can't see Ellen Parker meshing well with this Ed - I also couldn't believe Parker with Fletcher. Ellen Parker made Maureen the heart of the show and was so warm and loving, but actually that doesn't fit anything Ed ever wanted in a woman. This Maureen is more along the lines of all the other women he loved. With Ellen Parker I just always felt like she deserved better than Ed.

Edited by CarlD2