Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 4/17/2019 at 7:52 PM, j swift said:

Random thought:

Dinah's 2004 reintroduction through the identity theft of Cassie's credit was clever.

Agreed, and it was a good idea to have Jeffie be her partner in crime..but then they dropped that and it was nasty Dinah and heroic Jeffie.  I wish they had used that as starting point to get rid of Cole for good, to expose what an ass and nut Jeffie was...I would have had it Dinah was blackmailing him to get her money, etc...and when she came to town she would taunt him all the while letting him go after Cassie to give the Big C what she deserved.  Dinah has a change of heart and exposes him (including his rape of O which was dropped) and he goes nuts and kidnapps him and they kill him in good old fashioned Soap Dish way..."His head was chopped off, he can't come back cause he doenst have a head!"

Who the hell was Cole's protector on this show?

• Members

These videos are great and so well done.  I find watching or re-watching old episodes on YT tedious and I am rarely able to get through a whole episode without fast-forwarding, mostly because of either the pacing or the lack of anticipation of already knowing the outcome of every cliffhanger.   It reminds me of hearing a comedian repeat their jokes when you already know the punchline.  

However, the idea of repackaging old episodes into clips is very appealing.  I have enjoyed the yearly summaries on the channel.  I appreciate the choice of background music, it has the time-era-appropriate amount of synth.  I also appreciate that the non-HD quality of some of the video is offset by the addition of text information and the underscoring.  It's just superb what people can do with these old videos to transform it into something that can still be entertaining.

• Members

I believe that danfling has asked about Luci Ferri (longtime EP) as to what other programs she may have been involved with.

I have just discovered that she was a producer of Young Doctor Malone when it premiered on NBC in Dec 1958.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members
18 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

I believe that danfling has asked about Luci Ferri (longtime EP) as to what other programs she may have been involved with.

She is a soap opera producer I have long been curious about. I have not been able to find out much about her in Google searches. She was a female producer on a soap at a time when very few - if any - other women had the same position. Plus, she stayed on GL in that position for well over two decades. Was she forced to leave GL in the mid-70s or did she retire? I don't know what ever happened to her after she left GL.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

• Recent Posts

• There is that worry, yes.   I'm sure there are some who think that I'm too hard on the Dingles, but frankly that's their problem..... I have to concede that there have been times when I have actually (almost) liked some of them, although it pains me to admit that now. Chas was sort of likeable for a while, and Marlon was kind of tolerable when he was with Tricia and with Donna. I also liked Lisa in the beginning. But all that was long ago, and now I can't stand the sight of any of them. I disliked the family right from the start. I mean, there was nothing even remotely appealing about them from the beginning. The pathetic feud with the McAllister family, they destroyed Luke's life and practically drove him to his death, Tina tried to frame Angharad for possession of drugs, Butch terrorized Jessica.... And then the way they gatecrashed Joe Sugden's funeral and acted like the pigs they are. It still makes my blood boil to think about it.   And then came the unholy trinity of Cain, Charity and (yuck) Debbie! Three of the most unappealing characters ever created, although they have been challenged in recent years by Aaron and Liv.  And don't get me wrong. I don't mind characters with flaws. I loved Viv, and she could be the most hypocritical and vicious of bitches. Rachel had affairs with three (!) married men, including Jack, who was the brother of her stepfather, yet I cared about her. (Except when she fought Frank to help the Dingles keep their house. If there was ever a time she deserved to be pushed from a cliff then that was it!). Steph was a psycho, who imprisoned and drugged her own father, and she was still able to arouse some sympathy. Amos could be the most irritating, pretentious man, yet he is one of my all-time favourites. I don't know if it's the writing who fail or the actors, but I have never ever been able to feel any kind of sympathy or empathy for the Dingles. And they don't even have to be Dingles by blood, as Liv has proved in recent years, and Alice did before that. It was probably not the intention from the show, but I was overjoyed when Sam helped Alice to die. She was probably the most insufferable non-Dingle ever. Yes, even worse than Liv! I know that Emmerdale has turned into more of a soap than the realistic dramaseries it was in the beginning, but I miss those years so much. This show used to be so good and special and now it's just a generic soap that stretches credibility to the limit. I mean, there is no way that two characters like Chas and Charity would ever be able to run a pub. With their criminal records they would never get a licence to serve alcohol! But we must have Dingles everywhere so to hell with logic!   Please register in order to view this content   I sometimes wonder why I even bother with this show anymore, but I have a history with it that goes back to the late 70s, and it's hard to break that kind of bond.  
    • Can you guys not suggest that the only queer women on this show be assaulted, raped or murdered? If that's the only plots you can think of for them...I don't even know what to say.
    • Here's what I would have wanted to see (and what I know I'm not gonna get)... I would have liked to have seen Chloe get outraged on Nancy's behalf -- because, after all, he still cheated on his wife, regardless of the other person's gender -- while Joy, now SORASed into teenagehood, defends her dad.  And I would have liked to have seen Nancy surprise Chloe by defending Craig as well, telling her that now is NOT the time to lash out at her father or reject him.  Heck, she could even remind Chloe of some of her own, past mistakes, telling her she's in no position to judge anyone! Privately, Nancy could feel anguished, and she could collapse into tears over the thought that her husband has betrayed her (and with another man).  Deep down, she might want to remain married to Craig; she might even contemplate suicide at the thought of being alone.  But it would be imperative NOT to see her grovel and beg Craig not to leave, because that goes against how Nancy has always been portrayed.  Craig could grovel -- he realizes he's attracted to other men, but he loves his family too much to walk away -- but Nancy should find the maturity to tell Craig he can't keep living a lie because he's afraid of losing his family.  So, Craig leaves town with Leo his new boyfriend. I'd really want to see Nancy grow and transform from this experience.  I'd want to see Nancy adjust to life without Craig; as a single mother, raising Joy, who's now raising hell, trying to seduce whichever dupe has fallen for Chloe at the moment; and maybe deal with some long-buried insecurities and such.  (Heck, if Doug Marland were writing this story, he'd have Nancy go into therapy).  Maybe she DID keep her head in the sand when it came to her husband's true sexuality.  Maybe she was just so thrilled to prove everyone in her life wrong about her by landing a "catch" like Craig Wesley.  Craig and Nancy were never written that way in the past, of course, but this particular storyline has now forced a retcon of sorts.  (Like I said, their fans will never buy it, but now it's like they kinda have no choice.) And then...I'd want to see Nancy tentatively embark on a new relationship; if not with someone already on canvas, then with someone new.  (Actually, I'd prefer someone new.  Salem is incestuous enough.) I say "tentatively," because Nancy should fear that any new relationship she begins is doomed to fail.  She's been too hurt to trust her heart to another man -- now, or ever.  Nancy and the new guy could reach a point where it looks like it might get serious, but Nancy gets cold feet and tells him she's not ready.  But, I'd want Nancy to have an epiphany when she, Joy and a very reluctant Chloe go out of town for Craig and his bf's wedding.  Craig and Nancy should have closure, with Craig encouraging her to "trust her heart," or some mess.  And Nancy should return to Salem, ready to do just that, except...Chloe needs her at that moment, because she's just learned that Joy has been sleeping with Philip (or Brady, or Rex, or whoever the hell Chloe's with that week). At least, that's what I want.  But, like I said, I know I'm not gonna get any of it.
    • The right-winger and covidiots are mocking Neil Young for giving Spotify the ultimatum and are now mocking Barry Manilow and Peter Frampton for taking their music off Spotify in solidarity with Young. Whose work will be listened to well after they're all gone? I don't see see loads of millennials and Gen Zs on YouTube doing reaction videos of Rogan's videos.
    • He said there’s not enough work on B&B to go around and that the lack of consistency (and hyperfocus on a couple storylines at a time with limited cast) isn’t good for the actors or the audience: https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/the-bold-the-beautiful/would-jacob-young-return-to-bandb-the-actor-speaks-out/amp
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy