Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think Nola gave it to Lillian one time, but I'd imagine that Nola didn't give it to Lillian so much as everyone in Springfield (especially Vanessa) had pounced on her previously.

But again, it was refreshing that Ed caught some heat as he did really drive Maureen to her death (as Nola stated). I always felt Ed got off easy for crap that he did.

• Members

I'm rereading Zimmer's book and can just imagine how it must have felt to work on the show in the Wheeler era. Not that I think everything was Ellen Wheeler's fault (she had to answer to the folks at P&G, she was given a certain amount of money to work with and was still told to make cuts, etc.), but Peapack was for sure a failed experiment. There had to be a better way to keep things going than that.

• Members

I watched an episode from August 1984 and realized that in a scene between Phillip Spaulding and India von Halkien, the music used is the same piece of music that As The World turns would use about 2 years later in a restaurant scenes between Barbara Ryan and Duncan McKechnie. I remember it so well because I think someone mentioned that it was from the Apocalypse Now soundtrack.

And here I was thinking that some of the music used on GL at this time had maybe more in common with Y&R than ATWT. Some of those Gothic scenes at Annabelle & Tony Reardon's cottage sound similar to what Y&R sometimes used in scenes in the 80s and 90s but the scene with Phillip and India really linked it to ATWT.

Edited by DramatistDreamer