Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

It was Charita who proposed the story right? Having grown up watching her it was nice to see, they handled it, very well. Bert was a trouper but they allowed her to be scared too...she tried to be strong for everyone else and then during her party she dropped and broke a plate in the kitchen and couldnt pick it up and broke down and Mo was there for her. Nice scene and one of the last of the good Pam Long family storuy stuff as then the show became all Reva and the Lewis and Reva jumping out of planes in fur coats, and Infinity, etc.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've been binge-watching Orange Is The New Black and the young actress Taryn Manning who plays Doggatt aka Pennsatucky reminds me so much of Lisa Brown, both physically and vocally. I can't help but think how good she would have been in the role of Stacey aka Kelly Louise. I'd like her to have been called Flola, though. Heh.

• Members

Good episode of GL. I didn't know that Maureen didn't know the truth about Nola/Floyd/Kelly around the time that Nola jilted Floyd at the altar. Kinda shocked that someone like Katie or Hillary didn't spill the beans. Does anyone know how Maureen took the news when she found out? Was she harsh on Nola like Tony typically was? Or was she sympathetic? And Jane Elliot is a diamond. IDK how they allowed her to slip from their reach. Carrie is a character that they should've brought back to rival Blake in the 90s.

• Members

I made a lot of comments the first time these videos were up, so probably wouldn't know where to say all that again now, but Jane really is superb in these episodes, playing the "good" Carrie underneath the "bad" Carrie. It's not just an Erika Slezak or Sally Field or what have you knockoff, it's fresh and its own performance.

It's unfortunate that some of this material is surrounded by such a slog (Morgan/Kelly/Josh/Lesley Ann/et al.).

• Members

To me it's just dull, as is the Amanda/Mark/Jennifer triangle. A waste of potential in that case.

I don't know. Lesley Ann and Reva were on the show together for at least some months, although by that time Lesley Ann was married to Warren and Josh was "good."