Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Re Lynne Adams/Leslie. I guess there were a number of factors at play. Firstly,Lynne Adams may have not wanted to renew her contract. She had already left once,so this seems a possibility.

So TPTB were faced with either recasting or killing off Leslie. When Lynne left the first time she was replaced briefly by Kathryn Hays and then Barbara Rodell.i have read that Barbara was very popular as Leslie and that Lynne's Leslie never had the same spark with Don Stewart as had Barbara. So maybe that was another factor in not recasting

Also,story wise there may have been the feeling that there wasn't much to do with Leslie and Mike now they were happy together. The Dobsons were headwriters at that time and may have had more interest in their characters like Rita,Eve etc

• Members

Paul's right. I think it's even been discussed previously on this thread. The most popular reason discussed is that Lynne Adams wanted to leave GL as there wasn't much going on with the character of Leslie. I think the last storyline for Leslie was her desire to go back to college, and Mike disagreeing with her (a rather male chauvinistic attitude by Mike)? I think it was also brought up that the Dobsons weren't really sure what to do with Leslie, either, so they killed her off (they did the same with the character of Joe Werner in the same year). I have also heard that there was no "love loss" between Don Stewart and Lynne Adams, so that may have also factored in to Adams leaving.

• Members

Claudia was Marty Dillman's mother. Marty married Peggy Fletcher and they had one son named Billy. Marty was only on GL for less than a year (1968 to 1969), then was killed off. Claudia was around for as long as Marty, I believe, and then stopped appearing. I think she returned a couple of times in the 1970's (still played by Grace Matthews) trying to gain custody of Billy when Johnny Fletcher abandoned Peggy. I assume that would have been in either 1972 or 1973?

• Members

Interesting, at that time they wanted to do a Nola/Ed thing but PS refused. I think it would have been interesting and would have given him some airtime.

Also, I think it would have been funny to see Nola tangle, work with Marj's Alex. I wonder how Brown and Dusay's uh, sometimes over the top Alex would have worked.