Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

First time I've ever seen a clip of Phil Macgregor's Rick Bauer. It's at about 9 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uKRMEIO1Bw

He's cute and seems decent enough as an actor. I guess I can see why they recast him, as he seems very thoughtful and somewhat somber...and he even sort of looks like GA. Not much of a contrast between Rick and Philip.

I like the friendship between Philip and Morgan. Presumably it was going to lead to something more, but I like it the way it is.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Carl, thank you for sharing that interview. Jennifer Cooke has a most interesting soap connection to another actress through her work on V. One of her co-stars on that show was Jeff Yagher (who later played the role of Officer Tommy Hanson in the pilot of 21 Jump Street, only to be replaced by an unknown by the name of Johnny Depp!). Jeff Yagher is the brother of Kevin Yagher, who went on to marry Catherine Hicks.

• Members

Ok so I thought I was watching GL in the first 6 months of 1994 but I dont remember Beth on GL in 1994 but Wikipedia said she was

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Raines

In early 1994, Beth returns to Springfeld separated with Phillip and without Lizzie. Beth explains that her and Phillip's marriage has gotten so rocky to the point that they have been considering divorce and moves in with her mother mother Lillian. Beth briefly has a fling with Detective Patrick Cutter and recognizes Jenna Bradshaw as jewel thief in Arizona. Beth has several unpleasant run-ins with Jenna and is hired by Alan-Micheal to work at Spaulding. Tension also is apparent with her friend Mindy, due to Beth's surprise at Nick's resemblance to her deceased fiancé and Nick's twin Lujack, which brings back strong memories for Beth. Beth also assists Fletcher in planning Nick and Mindy's surprise wedding. At Ross and Blake's wedding reception, Beth receives a phone call from Phillip telling her that if she does return to Arizona to work out their marriage, that he will finalize divorce and seek sole custody of Lizzie and makes sure her parental rights are terminated. Beth, fearful of the thread sneaks out of the reception and disappears from Springfield without telling anyone. Weeks later, Beth informs Lillian of the surprise turn of events and she won't to turn to town. In 1996, Philip and Beth were divorced off-screen

Edited by John

• Members

Yeah, no. Phillip returned to our screens long before Beth did and we didn't see him until the Lucy/Alan-Michael wedding in mid-1996.

Beth was the one who initiated divorce proceedings (not without cause) and we didn't see her until after she'd thoroughly traumatized Lizzie with an abusive relationship with Carl Warren.

• Members

I like the idea of the Beth fanfic, it would have been better than the disappointing Nick storyline that we got (as long as we didn't get the bitch that Beth Chamberlin brought during her second run on the show). She could have basically took the place of Eve, with Alex scheming to use her to break up Nick and Mindy. Phillip (still in love with Beth) could have returned also, with the shock of his rival Lujack's twin competing for Beth's affections.

Edited by heffer

• Members

Carl, Jeff Yagher is also a sculptor in addition to being an actor - and works on model kits of old movies (like The Fly, Nosferatu, etc.) - and my friend Gary is an artist who designs the cover box art for the models that Jeff sculpts. Gary didn't even know that Jeff had been replaced by Johnny Depp on 21JS until I told him. Now, he regularly teases Jeff about it - all in good fun.